Need help setting up RDP

Oh yes my surface pro 3 really blazes with SambaPOS. I went cheap for upcoming switch to table order taking.

EDIT: my contact with ATT gave me a decent deal I may take advantage of. I can get surface 3 tablets at $20/month for 20 months and they give full support and replacement etc during that term. After 20 months I can upgrade to newer tablets at any time.

Do you not find surface a little big for table orders?

1 Like

I wouldnt use them for tables, I would replace my 3 terminals with them for consistency. The deal of full support if one breaks etc is really nice for business. It is also kind of nice not being out so much money up front.

EDIT: I am going cheap with my table tablets because I fully plan to take advantage of either iPad mini or good android tablets later when the native apps are matured. I wish Microsoft made the surface miniā€¦

PS: I gotta say I was really disapointed with ATT service on my personal accounts but when I ordered my wifi and business internet/phone I have a personal contact I can call anytime and dont have to go through any automated system. I either text, email, call him and he always answers almost instantly.

1 Like

We use Surface Pro 3 as a terminal. We do not take orders at the table with a tablet.

Just seen something on freerdp.com. Itā€™s a free rdp server to use as it says on its website. Havenā€™t tried it but is it something I could use?

Looks like a web based RDP client, donā€™t think will have any real advantage over normal RDP app as the single session limit is on the host machine not the client side.

Are you guys working on an IOSapp? Would-be a game changer if it can be easely connected to the client. What are the timings for this?

There is an Android app in beta now and IOS is awaiting apple approval.
BOTH are still in early stages with android app having only just been opened to beta group. Still waiting on IOS beta app.
Looking at the android app while core functionality is there of making a ticket it is early days and missing allot of bits to make it a public release.