Need Sales Tax Calculated Before Discounted Total Ticket Amount

Ok I am confused because I thought this is what was NOT working?f

If its a Tax it should be setup via Tax Template… if its a service charge then use calculation.

The Calculation Type works when the discount is not applied individually to the Item Line in the Ticket. For exampe: I only applied discount rate to the bill at the Settlement screen, then the tax total is correct.

However, when I applied discount to the individual Item Line in the Ticket using Order Tag, the Tax Total calculation breaks.

Using Tax Template will fix it.

Okay. Thanks a lot. I will try it and let you know the result. Thank you everyone for the help.

@Jesse,

I use the Tax Template per your suggestion and remove the Calculation Types Order and now it is working fine for the scenario where item line is discounted.

Screen 1:
Tax Total is calculated before discounted total ticket amount. This is the scenario where item line is discounted using certain amount.
Original Total Ticket Amount = 19.98
Cheese Burger is discounted 1.49
Final Total Ticket Amount = 18.49
Tax Amount = (10% x Original Total Ticket Amount (19.98) = 2.00 -> This is correct. This is how I want it to be.

Screen 2:
This is the scenario where discount % is applied to the ticket in the Settlement screen. I applied 20% discount to the ticket.
Original Total Ticket Amount = 19.98
Tax Amount = (10% x Original Total Ticket Amount (19.98) = 2.00 -> This is correct. This is how I want it to be.
Discount Rate 20% is applied. Discount Total = 20% x [Original Total Ticket Amount (19.98) + Tax Amount (2.00)] = 20% x 21.98 = 4.40 -----> This is incorrect for me because I need Discount Total to be calculated only from the Original Ticket Amount.
The correct Discount Total for me is 20% x Original Ticket Amount (19.98) = 4.00 —> This is what I want it to be.

Is there a way for me to accomplish scenario 2 without breaking scenario 1? Thank you.

Can you show your setup for that % discount button? If your using a calculation for discount % then set it to Use Plain Sum and Tax included.

@kendash,

That’s it. Your last instruction to me fixes it. I finally get what I need for my Tax Calculation. Thank you very much.

One more quick question, if I have several restaurants and I use SambaPOS for all my restaurants, is there a centralized system in SambaPOS?

What I mean by centralized system is I will have a SambaPOS server in corporate office and I can basically know the inventory stock, cost, sales, etc for each restaurant just by pulling the information from the SambaPOS in the corporate office.

Not yet. A centralized system is planned for future however as well as cloud.