[New 4.1.37] Ask Question Action

Did you get it working?

Just quick point - the thing with using the [: ____ ] is that you would not need to have it as ‘Ask Question - Settle’ as the settings are defined in the rule rather than the action so you can use it again and again doing different things in many rules - usually you would just call it ‘Ask Question’ or ‘Ask Question - Generic’ (what mine is). If it works for you thats fair enough, just a side note :smile:

This is what i have done . what am i doing wrong ?

You should study what has been already answered. You have several mistakes. Compare your setup to what JTRTech has shown.

i have tried studying =what was said put then i get confused . what is causing my yes button to not print when yes is being selected.

is it my rules or action, mapping?

You showed two ask question actions. Which one are you using? You sure your print job is called Print Bill?

Since you havent shown mapping its hard to say if thats the problem :stuck_out_tongue:
I would expect you would want standard mapping of * * * * all round.

It’s probably because he put Print Bill as the job name in the action. I doubt his print job is named Print Bill. I could be wrong though.

Missed that, good catch :wink:

Everything’s working . but when I click no it prints. The yes button prints .

Are the screen shots accurate?
You have two ask question actions, one of which has print bill as the automation command name.
Having that there will fire the normal print bill rule as that is only looking for the command name print bill regardless of which button you press as the default rule is not looking at that.

Add an up to date screenshot of the ask question action actually used, and the ask question and print bill rules.

ALSO, remember quite often (depending on what your changing and how you set it up) if you edit an action in the actions list after it has been added to a rule you need to take it off the rule, save, reopen, and re-add the action.

Yes the screen shot is accurate

try this then, remove the action, save and add it again.

OH did you sort this;

Hey,

Can this Ask Question setup can be implemeted for a new scenario that I have ? I know that it’s easy, but I can not sort it…

I need a question to ask when If I want to send orders or not to kitchen, bar, desserts, etc,after I hit CLOSE button. And I did that, but when I settle the table, the orders are sent anyway… Can you give me an idea?

Thanks

To do that (on a default setup) you would have to move the print kitchen/bar etc order out of the before ticket close rule into an automation command executed rule and replace it with the ask question in the before ticket close rule so the print action doesnt happen unless the command value from the ask question is heard.
Most resent post along these lines was the one which was to add a print receipt button to the change ask question.

I suggest you study the rule concept more closely to understand how it affects everything before you attempt something like this. Once you really grasp how the rules interact with each other then you will avoid simple mistakes in future when building customizations.

Hello,

I don’t have the default setup, I have this:

If you have actions inside Ticket Closing event… then when you close that ticket those actions will fire… so look at your actions does it make sense where they all are for what you want to do?

1 Like

Hello,

I am getting there, I am struggling to finish that setup, I tried different things, thats why I posted here. I don’t copy/paste what I am thinking.

1 Like

It’s ok you will get there I am trying to help you think it out. If i just tell you then you may not understand and make same mistakes again.

1 Like

I put the default bit in just so you didnt rush into it and mess up any custom configs.
Your print jobs are on the default place, obviously two for the different print destinations.

Also command value (the =) of Y is bit generic and may cause you issues later, i would set it to Yes=printorders or something like that.