[New 4.1.37] Ask Question Action

OK, I remove it, I tried JTR Solution.

I need a Question to ask when I click on CLOSE button: Send Orders/no ?.

1. The question I managed to put it here:

1. I need a second rule to have, i thing something like this, but something isn’t write…
1 Like

Now you are on track. Do not forget that State Changes has a lot to do with flow as well.

1 Like

I give up, I tried Update Ticket State, I don’t understand

You should not be leaving the Automation Command Name blank. It is there for a reason. It may work for now, but I can guarantee you will have problems in the future if you do not fill it in and Constrain it in the Rule.

1 Like

@Jesse The state changes would surely depend on the ultimate aim with the option to print.
If the aim is just to not send the orders (although not sure of the reasoning on that as it wouldn’t get ordered)
If your trying to do a Hold Ticket type setup you would be better to follow the tutorial for a hold button rather than a dont print ask question.

Also I don’t think ticket status should be Closed… the default one would be New Orders --> Unpaid, Closed is when a ticket is paid!

I will try that, I was thinking before…thx

Sorry, should have suggested sooner - did wounder what you were trying to achieve by not printing tickets… it was a ‘Hold Order’ type feature?

When trying the hold button make sure you have a good understanding of order/ticket states, sketching out the state flow might be a good idea…
You will be dealing with both the ticket and order states to ‘HOLD’ the orders.

Kendash’s hold button tutorial is goo;

I already have it on my System. I will give it a try. Thanks

Hello,

Are you sure that you already have this setup implemented ? The one that is asking you if you want to send the orders to printers or not ?

Because I tried all the options, does not work, the orders are still send to the printers…

Thanks.

I don’t have it where it asks if you want to print to kitchen as I don’t think that’s the right way to do it as % wise most orders would usually want to go straight to kitchen. I did a setup similar to the on hold button using the tutorial I linked to.
I kinda added a submit order confirmation ask question on the last system I setup with kitchen printer where before closing the ticket a questions says ‘There are new kitchen orders on the ticket, submitting now will sent to kitchen, Confirm?’
Where there is OK which then closes as normal and Cancel which aborts the close ticket and stays in the ticket screen.
I do also have a kind of similar setup for print receipt where there is a receipt print button on the change message ask question I have setup where it shows change and two buttons - OK and Print Receipt where no just closes as normal and print receipt prints a copy of the receipt.

Although the above points are not a complete tutorial it would be more than possible to do.

The problem is which is also the reason why you got varied suggestions is that you have not explained exactly what your trying to do. You just said ask question to print to kitchen/bar or not.
Which to me would mean no change of workflow but a way to not send order to printer. While I could posibly see a reason for a bar printer - like the waitress is going to get the drinks herself rather than order from the barman but dont really understand your question in relation to the kitchen. This is why the suggestion then went to on hold which makes more sence when looking at kitchen orders, ie they go to check their table number, you can hold the order and serve someone else and then continue/finish the order when they return.

There is no reason why this wouldn’t work and if not working as expected your not understanding the workflow properly or have made a config mistake. but as I said I dont think this is actually what your after, more likely looking for the hold ticket setup.

Because I have a cheap client, who does’t want to spend money on printer paper. :wink:. And he wants to have a question when he hits the Close Button, to ask: Send Orders to Printer or NO? When yes is pressed , the orders are sent to print jobs, to the right printers. When NO is pressed, the ticket is closing, with NO orders to be sent to the printers.

But if no how will the kitchen know the order?

the same like you said, the waiter goes and tells the kitchen staff, what to order… :blush:

Really?! How much they paying for printer rolls LOL, I pay like 50-60p a roll which is like 100m at 15cm per ticket thats like 600 tickets making them 0.1p per ticket! even if you said £1 a roll thats still like 0.2p a ticket and thats saying 15cm a ticket when most are probably less.

do not ask…please :)).

Why don’t just get rid of kitchen printer all together?
Server probably have note when taking order. Server just took every order to kitchen then. No annoying extra button to press

he wants YES/NO question.

They still need to ring in the till anyway, and most people using kitchen printers when kitchen is close is stock control, it doesnt get cooked unless it goes in the till.
Also helps kitchen when handwriting is not consistent.

Thats fair enough and it is doable, if its just to make printing optional I would perosnally look at making food/bar orders seperate buttons, that way he cant say you didnt give him the option of saving every 0.1p :stuck_out_tongue:
Print: (NONE) , (ALL) , (BAR ONLY) , (KITCHEN ONLY)

Anyway if you only want to make printing optional leave the ticket closing rule state actions as they are just swap the print actions into a seperate rule and replace with the ask question.

Might be an issue is the state change actions fire without waiting for the ask question as then the actions will be looking for new state which has already been changed to submitted.
However if you put the actions in the automation command rule for the PRINT=Yes button the states wouldnt be changed if you clicked no so might have to make two automation command rule or an alternative way to amend the ticket and order states on close.

Another note would be that doing that will show the ask question EVERY TIME you close the ticket. Depening on your workflow (if you run allot of table entity tabs) and go in and out of tickets will get teadious very quickly.

My ‘There are new kitchen orders’ ask question had constraints to check for new orders so if you just opened to check a bill then closed it wouldnt prompt, although that was in V5 so the constraint tags may not be available in V4 but not sure off the top of my head.

2 Likes

OK, I seen this a few times time. The main point is Ticket closing rule will call Exec Kitchen printer action which will print Order State New to the kitchen. So, we change New to Submitted before it get to Ticket Closing Rule

Very Easy step by step:

Create 2 Rules, Yes 2 rules that is it if you already have Ask Question action

1 Print Kitchen Order Ask. VERY IMPORTANT!!! This rule has to be on the top of default Ticket Closing Rule (by default it does if you click add new rule).

2 Print Kitchen Order Apply

3 Likes