[New 4.1.78] Mandatory Portion Selection (and a contest for fun)

Hi sorry I’m new to this and obviously don’t know what I’m doing. I’m creating a POS for my new shop and have quickly worked out I need Mandatory Portion Selection. I started working through the tutorial and have made all the steps as above but it just doesn’t make any difference to the POS. It just operates as normal and allows me to fnalise the coffee sale without asking me anything about portion size!?!!??! Can anybody help please?

In products settings tick the auto select box, then when the order is added it will automatically show the ‘modifier’ order tag screen on the right

3 Likes

Hello,

I got it to work perfectly on my DB, but is there a way to show the items without the price?? Just the picks?

Can anyone advise how I would add a cancel button to the selection pop up? So that you get out of the pop without selecting a portion. Thanks

Not as part of the portions tag used if your referring to the ask question.
I have not tried but guessing it is outputting a comma seperates list so first thing I would try would be to follow the tag with a cancel button treating the tag like just the first part of the list…
Something like
{PORTION BUTTONS},Cancel=Cancel

If this were to work you would then need to adjust the portion updating part to constrain against command value being cancel.

However you know that by default that would just select the first portion of that product like it would if you just added to menu without autoselect or that ask question… You would more likely want to add an extra rule for when the command value = cancel to cancel the order rather than just not select a portion…

1 Like

HI,

If we select the option my mistake, how can we get out of this without selecting any option?

Thx…
Jing

Have you tried this?

1 Like

If that doesnt work youll need to create an acual portion called Cancel with zero price, then it will add cancel as your portion allowing you to leave the selection screen

Hi,
Is there anyway to close this button if we don’t want to select anything from the choice? or we incorrectly?

Please advise.

Jing

If you are using more than one portions you have to select one.

In the rule that updates the menu item portion, you can handle the cancel button via an action constraint and use the “Cancel Orders” action and be sure “Only Last Order” is set to “true”.

For example:

Whichever button is selected, rules that fire when the automation command “OM-Order Modifier-Set Portion” will receive the button text. If “Cancel” is selected, the rule will have “cancel” as the command value that is passed.

This action will cancel only the last entered order:

and in the rule that updates the portion is setup like this:

The action that updates the portion will only do so if the command value/button selected is NOT cancel.

and the cancel order action will only be executed if the cancel button is selected

2 Likes

You mean it’s not in dropdown?
Can free type in fields. Just need to match corresponding rule command name.