[New 4.1.78] Mandatory Portion Selection (and a contest for fun)

what are your regional settings for Decimal separator? Are you using a , instead of .?

is there such options in sambapos?
yea always worked using , insted of . on samba.

Its not in samba its in windows
 so you should define your prices with a , in portions instead of . Try that.

redefined the prices in portions with , no results. i cant use . i dont work.

Its definitely that separator messing it up. Your 10 %Calculation can you disable it and then try see if that makes difference?

If you want prices defined with 25,00 you need to set it in Windows Regional settings. Your decimal separator should be , instead of . in windows regional settings not SambaPOS. So go to control panel and find your regional settings and define your decimal separator as ,

I removed the calc selectors, no result

Mine:

Hmm it has to do with that. Let me test it on mine v

Ok I reproduced it
 its definitely that symbol.

1 Like

Take a look at the option in SambaPOS for Override Windows Regional Settings as well. It’s in Manage > Settings > Local Settings.

1 Like

I do not think , can work with ask question as its reserved for specific function. It typically separates buttons which would make sense why its putting the 00 and 50 as buttons. So your option is to override the regional settings and let Samba use . or not use Ask Question for this specific task.

Or maybe @emre should look at it. The , would need to be escaped but you cant do that if using the printer tag.

So for right now your only option if you want to use this tutorial is to enable the Windows regional settings override.

1 Like

I have another option for you
 I will explain it in a bit.

You can get rid of the rule that launches the ask question. Define an actual automation command and put the portion names each in it as Value’s. You can then add that automation command to the menu items. Now when you press that item it will show the options on the menu screen instead of a popup.

I will show you a screenshot.

Allright ill teste it with override option in a sec. Sorry Had to stop troubleshooting my daughter is giving me some work

Its the same thing does the same thing but instead of popup it puts the buttons on the Menu. And it would be immune to the decimal separator issue. If that interests you I will show you how to set it up
 its very very simple.

2 Likes

Wow it sounds great, definitely would use it

Define the Automation Command:

No Mapping and no Header leave empty
Value’s must be spelled exactly same as Portion Names.

Delete the Order Added to Ticket Rule.

Go to your Menu and Add the automation command to the menu item:

Log out and Log back in to SambaPOS that is it.

Now everyone has to like this 5x so I can win a free Module! HAHA jk

2 Likes

Got it working, but when i click on a portion, the order are not updated to reflect it: :worried:

Maybe i did something wrong? ill double check it

You still require this Rule and Action to make it work 

And did you know? If you check the box for Auto-Select in the Menu next to the items, the screen for Portions and Order Tags (Modifiers) will appear automatically when you select the Product from your Menu 

2 Likes

Oh must be it, i deleted then.
didn’t know about that, thank you for the tip!