New To Samba (Table Questions)

So I had an idea but have not attempted it yet… My idea is to create a automation button that when pressed moves all items on a ticket that are tagged with a seat number to a separate ticket on the table and adds a ticket tag to the ticket with the seat number so its visible when you view the table after the tickets have been moved… This way when the bills are printed and the customer goes to the cashieer she can look on the printed ticket and click on the correct seat for the customer without guessing which ticket is which on the screen… What do y’all think?..

So you are saying Split the ticket by seat but keep same table.I think there is a better solution. I will be visiting tables soon with my database once I finalize my time clock stuff. That is not a bad idea though… there is an action that supports that btw. Look at Move Tagged Orders

Move Tagged Orders can be used by Seating States…or Ticket States… . Thinking about it… this would be a great way to do it… Let me know if you have issues trying to implement it… sounds like a great idea.

Yes and adds a ticket tag to the ticket for the seat number.

Here is a example…

Look at Move Tagged Orders action and the Change Ticket Entity action those could be useful for this. I use Change Ticket Entity action to auto assign an employee entity to tickets… so you should be able to do the same thing to the tickets that the orders are moved too so it assigns the right table. Be sure and have Update Null Entity set to true. You could do it all with 1 button press by configuring it to look for a specific Seat State… and just assigning each of those States as separate Move Tagged Orders actions

This sounds like it might be a fun project I may look into it myself.

Ok so what would i need to put into the Move Tagged Orders action?.. im looking at it and im not sure what to put because its asking for ordertag name and ordertag value… do i put [:Seat Number]?

You do not have to use all of the available options for that action. I would probably just use the Order State since that is all your dealing with.

so for ordertag value i would put the order state correct?

Did you update to latest version of SambaPOS

hmmmm you know what i dont think so… i havent been on here in a few days so i guess i missed that … ill try that now.

1 Like

Ok this is what I have so far… Its not working… I think something is wrong with my Rule… I want to get the ticket splitting correctly first then ill work on getting it to tag correctly.

Automation Command

Action

Rule

You have nothing in your automation command button to tell it what [:CommandValue] is. So CommandValue is nothing right now. Add your seats to Value in your button just like you did for your assign seat button. But I do not think this is the right approach… it would be manual… we need it automated. So you would not use CommandValue for Seat Number. Instead use {ORDER STATE:SStatus} But I do not think we can just insert that.

Ah I see now… Yes it is manual right now… and your right on… What i want it it to be automated splits. If not CommandValue for Seat Number what would i need?

I am thinking we need a Move Seats action for EVERY seat… you can use the same action. Seat Number should be {ORDER STATE:SStatus} and then put a constraint on each one like '{ORDER STATE:SStatus}' is 'Seat 1' etc

The SAME rule needs a Change Entity Type action to Change it to same Table. you can do it using a variable for Entity name and call it with [:EntityName]

Once again I do not know if those are correct syntax im trying to give you ideas to try. You may need to put a separate Change Ticket entity action after every Move Orders action… i am not sure.

From my experience when using Clone Ticket or Move orders if you want to define the type of ticket or Entity on the new ticket you put an action to do that in the same rule that clones or moves the orders… you put it directly after the move or clone orders action.

Bottom line is that its going to be tricky to get this down in 1 button press… but I think we can do it.

Couldnt I just keep the same action i have and just create a rule for each Seat and just set the name of the seat in the rule instead of CommandValue?

You can… i was trying to reduce rules… and just use one rule with multiple actions. It might be easier to use separate rules tho. You can ensure it creates multiple tickets for each state this way.

Good luck I am going to bed. Let me know how it turns out!

Ok… Im still learning so im trying many different things just to get an idea of how to works. I really appreciate the help… and im more than willing to try different things if i can figure out how to do them haha!

The best way to learn is to break things… do not be afraid to break things :stuck_out_tongue: Just backup regularly :stuck_out_tongue:

oh im not afraid of breaking things… this is all testing before i start to configure the system that will be Live… Right now everything is in a VM so there are many many many checkpoints! hahah… if i mess up… i can just do a quick revert!

1 Like

Since I am Doing this by Seperate Rules instead of Actions… Could I also use a Update ticket tag Action and set the seat number in the Rule to tag the ticket when they are Split?