New To Samba (Table Questions)

I am new to Samba and love it!.. I am trying to setup a system for my parents family style restaurant and have a few questions I will list below. Thanks for the help I am really excited to hear from everyone!

1. Is there a way to create a table Seated status that highlights a table like it does when you have a open ticket. We have a hostess that will look at the floor plan to seat people and need to know the table status.

2. Once seated is there a way for the Hostess to assign a waitress to the table so that she can keep track of who she seated.

3. Once the waitress comes to the table she usually takes drink orders then gets the food items later. Is there a way to group the drinks and menu items ordered to that when the order is prepared it groups all the items together.

4. If there is not a way to group the items is there a way to create seats at a table so like table 10 has 6 seats 1-6 so we can keep the orders seperated like that.

1 Like
  1. Yes: Entity States are used, i.e. Table Status
  2. Yes: The Server/Waiter/Waitress is another type of Entity.
  3. Yes: You can group, sort and list items based on Product Groups or Product Tags
  4. Yes: A seat could be another type of Entity

Entities are anything you want them to be: Tables, Customers, Seats, Servers, Suppliers, etc. You get to define your Entities however you want.

Then States can be used to change Entity colors, etc. States can be used for Entities, Tickets, Orders, Discounts, or whatever your heart desires.

It’s best just to do some reading here in the forum and start experimenting.

SambaPOS is very flexible, customizable, and powerful, and there isn’t much you can’t do with it.

Plus, it’s updated frequently, new features are added, and the community support here is excellent!

This video is a good demonstration of how another pos system handles seats… Would something like this be hard to implement?..POS Instructional Video 11 - Assigning / Changing…: http://youtu.be/NSLhRNGlg9g

It would not really be hard… it might be if your new to Samba and you do not fully understand how to use Entities and States/Ticket Tags etc.

I am working on something similar to how that video works. I will not use it in my restaurant because we do not use tables… but I am doing it just to see if I can and possibly share it so others can benefit.

Here is my seat setup:
Automation Command:

Action Screen:

Rule Screen:

Workflow is simple:
Just click item(s) you want to set seat number then select Seat button that will show the seat number on the right. You can change the seat anytime even after order submitted.

2 Likes

This should work! Thanks!

Ok so I got this setup and working only problem is that I have to be an admin to see the seat number… This is going to be a problem because not all my waitresses will be admins… But they need to be able to see seat number on screen. Any ideas?

Change the mapping to include all user roles

I have… Still doesn’t show up unless the admin check box in the role is selected.

in the automation command did you select confirmation? make sure you didnt set that to admin. Double check your mapping on the automation command button too. and the rule.

make sure they have permission to update order states.

Yep everything is set to everyone… I can see the seat when I’m the admin listed under the order but when I switch user I cannot… Unless I change the user role or admin.

How were you planning on setting your seats up… I saw you commented before that you are working on something like in the video.

I will not start mine for a while. Probably next week. I do not understand why its only working for admin that makes no sense. there must be a setting somewhere.

I log in as Server not Admin and I can see seats.
It must be some setting in your non-admin role

I will post screenshots of my setup and a backup of my configuration when I get a chance.

@antasp3136, I see what you mean now.
You cant see seat number in order line.

I just notice it too. All Order State are visible only Admin right user.

But you can do the same idea but use ORDER TAG instead of ORDER STATE.
I will try it later in a few days

Your automation command is it mapped as visible on Order Line?

Yes, everything is correct. If I change user role with Admin checked. It shows up

Can you show a screenshot of it not showing them?>

From the post below, Emre say Non-Admin user won’t see ORDER STATE:Discount

As you add orders SambaPOS will mark orders for these products as Discount. Non admin users won’t see this state or it won’t appear in reports.