Option to sort Category Products Automatically

Request to have an option to sort Category Products.

Usage case:
I have a Pasta Category which includes 33 different Pasta products. It will be very handy if products can be sorted alphabetically. It will make it easier for servers to find products.

Thanks.

1 Like

This can be done manually, select the category and then click on Product Properties, within the popup window it will display all your products for that category and there is a column called Sort Order, see screenshots:

Enter 10 for your first product, 20 for your second and so on.

Hi @Isaac

I am aware we are able to sort manually, I was asking if there could be an option to enable automatic sorting if desired.

Thanks

Since this is one of the overlooked features of SambaPOS I wanted to let you know in case you’ve not noticed it. In a ticket you can display keyboard and type a product name to search. It also supports partial search. For example If you want to search for Spagetti Napoliten you can type Sp Na to find it. Might be a useful feature until people learns where buttons stands.

I observed after few weeks of usage staff adds some items with finger memory and even not look at the screen. So I don’t recommend automatic sorting since it will change button locations as new products added or renamed. Sort it manually and place most requested items to top.

I agree with you that servers learn product locations and they trend to enter orders without looking. I think automatic sorting might have limited benefits. E.G.

1. New servers will find products much faster if they are sorted
  2. Adding a new product will only shift existing products by one or two locations.

I think, it will be good if manual sort is the default and have an option to auto sort a category.

Best Regards,

1 Like

I was thinking the same. Some of my Categories are Alphabetical, while others are not, and there is good reason for each case. Having an Option / Button to click to sort alphabetically would be handy sometimes.

I feel I should listen that.

2 Likes

Looks good. Thank you.