Order Tag Item not updating when using Prefixes

Your order tags and your prefixes

So which ones are not working?

All of them. If I use the * filter, it will work if I don’t select a prefix, but if I do use a prefix it won’t work.

So your not assigning them to a product? Trying to follow the flow of what your doing. So for example the 1/2 onion you do not want the Prefix Left or Right to show? The filter is basically telling it to make that prefix not available.

If you want 1/2 onion on Left Side of pizza… your filter is making that impossible because its taking that option away from it. You do not map these to a product? I figured it would be mapped to a pizza or something.

What is the Prefix No used for? I assume to say No cheese or something like that?

Uploading a screenshot to show you how you should have it setup.

I thought if I left Product field blank it would apply to all products in that product group. Is this wrong?
I can select “Left” then select “1/2 Onion” and it appears on the ticket as “Left 1/2 Onion”. There just is no price with it.

You would use filters if your using more than 1 modifier… example… Left 1/2, Right 1/2 And you also had one called Light to modify total pizza cheese…

You would filter Light on the Left 1/2 and Right 1/2 modifiers and you would filter Left 1/2 and Right 1/2 on the Light Tag.

You would only have 2 prefixes… you would not use WHole as a prefix… whole pizza would be understood if you do not select a 1/2 modifier

How were you using the No Modifier? I cant make sense of that one. Maybe I am just not looking at it right.

Thats because it is a filter if your using it to modify 1 item with 3 prices for that 1 item.

The “No” modifier wasn’t setup yet, there will be mods with no price.

Still trying to wrap my head around this. I thought prefixes would concatenate with the tags, but your example shows it’s behaving more like a filter. What your saying sounds like the filter field actually filters out it’s input?

What I am trying to say… if your using order tags to add products it can work like your setup… but if your using order tags to add products… and prefixes to modify the products you added with different prices… then you need to use the setup I showed you. You would not need a No Prefix nor would you need a Whole Prefix. Those are understood.

I will copy your setup using the correct method to demonstrate for you.

I got it now… prefixes acts like a filter and a link.

Thanks

Its because they are built to support more than 1 setup for using Order Tags. Example… yours is using them to add ingredients to a pizza with Prefixes to modify those ingredients at a different price

I may be using them to add gift items to orders using Prefixes to select what color gift item but price would be set. So in my case I would use filters to assign Colors to tags… I don’t want colors to show up for the tag until I press it. So i would use filters in that sense. You on the other hand Do want yours to show so you see the options to select.

My setup would have more prefixes than Order tags… yours will have more order tags than prefixes…

Gotta love flexibility of Samba!

Slightly disappointed with this setup. When I select any prefixed tag, the buttons move around. I can’t imagine a setup that wouldn’t work the way I thought it worked. But alas, that’s not the case.

but the ones without prefixes don’t move.

Actually I don’t know why yours are doing that mine are not moving. Can you show me a screenshot of it.

Take that back I do know why… its your tag order. You need to put the Prefix tags UNDER your main order tag. and do left and right in the same order for each one…

Example
Onion
Left Onion
Right Onion
Pepperoni
Left Pepperoni
Right Pepperoni

The order you enter your tags controls the order it shows up on POS

So if you did
Onion
Right Onion
Pepperoni
Left Onion

You will see Onion, Pepperoni on non prefixed

But when you hit a prefix for Left onion it will move onion to Pepperoni, Onion

Bottom line… you have to group your prefixed Order Tags to your main Order tag… and keep Left and right in same order throughout.

yea i figure it out almost immediately, but ran into user post limit. thanks again.