Order Tag Sequence?

Hi guys and girls,

So I’m trying to split a product into 2 cooking styles, therefore of course… i would use order tags to control how the product is split into 2 dishes.

But I’m having a shitty time figuring out why these order tags don’t appear in Alphabetical order…

I created

4 Order Tag categories

Cook style 1
Cook style 1 noodles
Cook style 2
Cook style 2 noodles

This just doesn’t seem to work for crying out loud… i even check the priority from top to bottom to ensure Cook Style 1 is on top of the list… but when you press the order tags… they just jump around.

I even tried

a/ cook style 1
a/ cook style 2
a/ cook style 3
b/ cook style noodle 1
b/ cook style noodle 2

As i assumed may its a alphabetical issue… this isn’t even the case…

How do i fix this issue?

This is what i’m faced with, it’s like it completely ignores my alphabetical order, Even when i apply Prefix it’s the bloody same…

It’s like A| C D B| doesn’t mean anything to the sambapos

Check the sort order of tags within management.

JTR, could you please explain what you mean by within management?

Is there a setting somewhere?

When you look at your list of order tags in samba settings is there not a sort option on the right with add and edit?

Hi JTR,

Yes i checked the priority of each, from top to bottom, even when i assign the correct order tags grouping… it keeps randomly moving the tags… it doesn’t stick to its spot within this listing… that’s why i’m confused why the problem exist.

JTR, i think it fixed itself… after closing the bloody program … :rage:

Thanks for helping mate!

The order of the list of tags in settings doesn’t nesercerally match that of the set apart order as you can search/sort onscreen separately. The order used should be that of which is set in the sort order popup mentioned.

You can also define sorting on printed tickets using SORTED ORDER TAGS:X

2 Likes

Jesse, can you please give me a example on how to use these tags…

I don’t quite understand the way to call upon these tags…

I will show you a sample template that I use which uses those.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>
{ENTITIES}
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">[Table No: [{TICKET TAG:Dine-In}]][Customer: [{TICKET TAG:Take-Out}]]</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Order Type: {TICKET TYPE}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">[='{TICKET TAG:Payment Type}' == 'ONLINE' ? 'PAID ONLINE':'']</div>
<F>-
<div style="font-size:25px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">KITCHEN TICKET #{TICKET NO}</div>
<F>=
<div style="font-size:13px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="25">Qty</td>
<td width="196">Item Desription</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
{ORDERS}
<div style="font-size:17px;font-weight:thin;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">[Instructions: [{NOTE}]]</div>
<F>
<F>
<F>=
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width=80 align=center>{TICKET DATE}</td>
<td width=170 align=right>{TIME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<div style=font-size:15px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
</div>
<F>=

[DISCOUNTS]

[ORDERS GROUP:]

[ORDERS GROUP|GROUP TAG]
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>

</tr>
</table>
</div>

[ORDERS FOOTER]
<F>-

[ORDERS:GROUP TAG=*]
<div style="font-size:22px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table><tr><td width="196">[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] [[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '{PORTION} '][{PRODUCT NAME}]]</td></tr></table>
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<div style="font-size:22px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table><tr><td width="196">[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] [='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '{PORTION} ']{PRODUCT NAME}</td></tr></table>
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>{QUANTITY} {NAME}|**FREE ITEM**

[ORDERS:Void]
<div style="font-size:19px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table><tr><td width="196">[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] [='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '{Portion} ']{PRODUCT NAME} **VOID**</td></tr></table>
</div>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="font-size:20px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
[='{ORDER TAG NAME}' == 'Extra fee' ? '' : '<td width=272>        - {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>']
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Toppings]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272>        - {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<table>
<tr>
<td width=272>        - {ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Promotion]
-- Format for order tags

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Instructions]
-- Format for order tags
<F>-
<div style="font-size:16px;text-align:left;font-family:'Calibri'">
<table>
<tr>
<td width="196">INSTRUCTIONS: {ORDER TAG NOTE}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
<F>=

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Customer: {ENTITY DATA:FirstName}</div>
<div style="font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;font-family:'Calibri'">Phone: [=F(TN('{ENTITY DATA:Phone}'),'# (###) ###-####')]</div>
<F>-

1 Like

As you can see you define a layout as

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:order tag group name]
put your style of how you want it to look.

Then you use {SORTED ORDER TAGS} where {ORDER TAGS} normally would be under [ORDERS]

So in my example I have a different template for Toppings order tags than I do the others.

The order that I list the layouts for the tags is the order they will show under the order. Notice I have toppings first. so toppings will always be first

1 Like

Does every order tag need to be defined in the {SORTED ORDER TAGS}? What happens to the ones that are not defined?

Thanks.

Any not defined behave like they normally would. If you have {ORDER TAGS} in the template.

1 Like