Partial item price not correct at billing

Not sure if I am searching the forum correctly or not but I have a problem which was the same in V4 and now in V5.

If I have a partial item (say .5 fries) it updates samba correctly and shows correctly in the payment screeen. There is no problem if the entire bill is paid by just one person. If there are two people and the first had the 1/2 fries we then select that item in the payment screen for them to pay and it shows the full item price (double that shown on the left side of the payment screen). So that person pays more then the other cost for the 1/2 fries is subtracted from the second persons bill.

We have gotten around it by having the partial orders pay last but if there is more than one on a table it gets messy and time consuming. Thanks for any help on this.

It is not designed to do partials. Perhaps you should use a portion for half size. I am assuming your entering .5 with the keys then pressing item?

1 Like

Yeah, that is what we are doing. Sushi is time consuming so we charge a half roll at 0.6 of the full roll price.

So would it not be 0.6 qty not 0.5?
Portion would be cleaner anyway, a full roll and half roll portion.

1 Like

You should do portions for this unless there is more to the story than your telling us.

1 Like

Yeah, it doesnt matter what the portion was we were getting the same result. but yes, we use .6. I ended up putting in a HALF portion option in the item itself and then calculated it at .6 the full price. Works well and I will train my staff on how to use it and for my kitchen to understand that it says 1 FrenchFries.Half in the order. Thanks guys. It is working well.

1 Like