Pin / Cash button under ticket screen

Hi all!

I like to have 2 buttons in the order screen under the ticket information.
a putton that says PIN if you press that the totaal amout will be payed with a pin cash card
and een Cash Putton that makes the customer pays the total price cash.
By cash the draw needs to be openend. :smile:

And i like to have when you press the button the systems ask if a ticket needs to be printed of not?
To safe ticket paper :smile:

Thanks!

That can all be done go to this link and scroll down to the fast cash button setup. This is a database tools file and will install that fast cash buttons onto your system. BE SURE TO BACKUP FIRST!!

you can then play around with it and edit it how you want, for example I have fast cash buttons under the ticket for CASH (variable amount) CARD (Exact amount) as my main fast cash buttons, then on the second row under the ticket i have EXACT CASH and CARD VARIABLE and also the main note denominations Ā£5, Ā£10, Ā£20, Ā£50. With this setup unless im doing a refund I dont actually use the payment screen at all.

You could set up a printer template that just has your cash drawer opening command in it and assign that to your cash button so when it is pressed the drawer opens. I have my drawer set to open when the receipt prints, but as you want to ask for a receipt to print you will need an open cash drawer action added to your payment buttons, or have a separate rule as a payment processed rule, with a constraint that the open drawer action only works when the Remaining balance is zero AND payment type used is cash. This way you wont need to add an open cash drawer to every fast cash button you may use, just simply have the one rule instead.

I cant show any screen shots at the moment as im away from my setup but my CASH (variable) button allows me to type in the amount in cash the customer has given me as they may want to pay part cash part card, then i can use the card button for the remainder which the customer pays via an external chip and pin machine.

Exact Cash - Self explanatory, they give the exact amount so saves time typing a value in if its something like Ā£56.87, 1 button press instead of 5

Card Variable - in case customer wants to split payment on 2 different cards i can press this card button and type in the amount, take payment on external machine, then do it again for the second card (this allows me to not use the payment screen for split payments)

Im set up for retail not restaurant so i dont need the extra features the payment screen gives you at this time

Hope this info helps, have a play with the database file, i think it was @Jesse that originally posted that, and see if you can adapt to suit you, im pretty sure you can.

For the receipt printing you would need to setup an ask question action and put it in to a rule such as payment processed (again with a constraint of remaining balance equals zero so it doesnt ask you everytime a payment is made since you only want the receipt to print when the full ticket has been paid). This will then ask if you require a receipt, and youll need to set up the commands so that when pressing YES a receipt prints and when pressing NO it doesnt and the ticket closes.

Sorry thats a bit long winded and no pictures to illustrate, if you need any more help have a go first and if you get stuck shout out to the forum, there are some great people on here that will be able to help you do pretty much anything, or suggest a better way to do something @emre, @Jesse and @QMcKay

2 Likes

Thanks!

I donā€™t see i link, did i missed it? :smile:

Sorry i didnt realise it hadnt pasted in, ive found the original setup that emre did with step by step instructions, click the link below

ok thank you!

I will try,
I have change so many things i want to reset everything to the way it was first installed with the example data but i dont know how to remove the databaseā€¦

Did you install SambaPOS with the option for SQL Server Local DB checked?

Do you have SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)? If not, download it from the MS site:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42299

You have many options to choose from when you click ā€œdownloadā€. Minimum, you need either:

MgmtStudio 32BIT\SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe

or

MgmtStudio 64BIT\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

When you have SSMS installed, run it and click Connect.
Expand the Databases folder.
Left-click on the DB referring to SambaPOS and select Delete.

Hi!

I got it working
I see the connect screen but when i enter "localhost/SQLEXPRESS en hit the connect buttons it says that it cant find the server

Your instance may not be named SQLEXPRESS

How do i find out @Jesse ?

The default installation of SQLServer Express will create an Instance called SQLEXPRESS, which you can access via localhost\SQLEXPRESS.

Installing SQL Server Local DB via SambaPOS installation creates an Instance called (localdb)\V11.0

Installing SQL Server Local DB manually (outside of SambaPOS installations) will by default create an instance called (localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB

Look in SambaPOS Manage > Settings > Local Settings at the Data Connection String to find out what your instance is called. It is the first portion of the string after Data Source.

Uhmā€¦ i think i have something terrably wrong.

When i was looking for the right direction i found this:
C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microshoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\V11.0

so i removed the map to see what happend when i startup SAMBA pos

Quest what? it dont startup

So i place the map back where is wasā€¦

Ques againā€¦

I still dont work.

I reinstal everythingā€¦

Still does not work.

Maked a new user profile on my laptop,
Stil doenā€™t work :frowning:

i hate myself so much richt nowā€¦

What am i going to do?

C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microshoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\V11.0
                                       ^

Check your ā€œmapā€ (path), then re-check it again. Ensure the database files are in the correct path - you should see something like an mdf and an ldf file.

Look in this file for your connection String:

C:\ProgramData\SambaPOS\SambaPOS4\SambaSettings.txt

<ConnectionString>Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; User Id=userid; Password=userpassword; Database=SAMBAPOS4;</ConnectionString>

Hi @QMcKay !

So here i my map:

Than i go to the map with the file:

And this is the text in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?><SettingsObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><MessagingServerPort>8080</MessagingServerPort><TerminalName>Server</TerminalName><ConnectionString>C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\v11.0</ConnectionString><StartMessagingClient>false</StartMessagingClient><DefaultHtmlReportHeader>
&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; 
html
{
  font-family: 'Courier New', monospace;
  font-size: 11px;
} 
&lt;/style&gt;</DefaultHtmlReportHeader><CurrentLanguage>en</CurrentLanguage><OverrideLanguage>false</OverrideLanguage><OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings>false</OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings><DefaultRecordLimit>100</DefaultRecordLimit><WindowScale>1</WindowScale><FooterHeight>50</FooterHeight><UseBoldFonts>false</UseBoldFonts><ValidateExitButton>true</ValidateExitButton><AllowMultipleClients>false</AllowMultipleClients><CallerIdDeviceName /><ScaleDeviceName /><AdditionalDevices>[]</AdditionalDevices><AutoMigrate>true</AutoMigrate><TokenLifeTime /></SettingsObject>

When i start SAMBAā€¦

When i replace:
C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\v11.0
For:
Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; User Id=userid; Password=userpassword; Database=SAMBAPOS4;

I still get the message:

I have installed Samba with the checkmark SQL Server Local DB

When i try to connect with it ill get this:

And when i open de browser ill get this:

Any suggestions?

shall i try to remove everthing? en reinstall?

Thank you so much for your time and patience!

If you have the time and you want toā€¦ i can install teamviewer so you can take over my laptop? :smile:

I wrote a tutorial on how to setup and use SQL Express 2014. I recommend you read it. I canā€™t link it because I am on my phone but type SQL 2014 in search of forum and look for the tutorial.

In SSMS, put this in the Server Name:

(localdb)\V11.0

It should probably be similar in the Settings file for:

Data Source=(localdb)\V11.0

OMG Thank you so much! Itā€™s is working!

I used:

(localdb)\V11.0

And then i deleted the SAMBA database,
Removed SAMBA
Reinstal SAMBA

And its working :smile:

Okay, just to be sureā€¦

i have reinstalled the Samba POS
and it works!

But when i open the SQL managment i dont see the SAMBA databaseā€¦

Where does the program saves the information?

Im asking this becouse i want to setup everything on my laptop en copy evertyhing to the cash register when its ready,

is that possible?

When you reinstalled you did check the LocalDB install option? Did you refresh the Databases tab in SSMS?

A Helpful TIP: If you delete a database you do not have to reinstall SambaPOS. When you restart SambaPOS it will just remake the database. Everything is stored in the Database. Also If you decide to install SQL Server 2014 you have more control over the database via SSMS vs what you get with LocalDB install.

If your interested here is the link to my tutorial for setting up SQL Server Express 2014:

Hi @Jesse

I try your tutorial but i dont get the screen you get, i responded on youre post

For nowā€¦

So i reinstalled SAMBA Pos, and i have checked al the options

When i open the database tool and connects there is no SAMBA database:

When i open Samba i dont see a connection:

When i open the settings file this is whats in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?><SettingsObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><MessagingServerPort>8080</MessagingServerPort><TerminalName>Server</TerminalName><ConnectionString /><StartMessagingClient>false</StartMessagingClient><DefaultHtmlReportHeader>
&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; 
html
{
  font-family: 'Courier New', monospace;
  font-size: 11px;
} 
&lt;/style&gt;</DefaultHtmlReportHeader><CurrentLanguage>en</CurrentLanguage><OverrideLanguage>false</OverrideLanguage><OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings>false</OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings><DefaultRecordLimit>100</DefaultRecordLimit><WindowScale>1</WindowScale><FooterHeight>0</FooterHeight><UseBoldFonts>false</UseBoldFonts><ValidateExitButton>false</ValidateExitButton><AllowMultipleClients>false</AllowMultipleClients><CallerIdDeviceName /><ScaleDeviceName /><AdditionalDevices>[]</AdditionalDevices><AutoMigrate>true</AutoMigrate><TokenLifeTime /></SettingsObject>

:smile: