Pin / Cash button under ticket screen

Sorry i didnt realise it hadnt pasted in, ive found the original setup that emre did with step by step instructions, click the link below

ok thank you!

I will try,
I have change so many things i want to reset everything to the way it was first installed with the example data but i dont know how to remove the database…

Did you install SambaPOS with the option for SQL Server Local DB checked?

Do you have SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)? If not, download it from the MS site:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42299

You have many options to choose from when you click “download”. Minimum, you need either:

MgmtStudio 32BIT\SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe

or

MgmtStudio 64BIT\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

When you have SSMS installed, run it and click Connect.
Expand the Databases folder.
Left-click on the DB referring to SambaPOS and select Delete.

Hi!

I got it working
I see the connect screen but when i enter "localhost/SQLEXPRESS en hit the connect buttons it says that it cant find the server

Your instance may not be named SQLEXPRESS

How do i find out @Jesse ?

The default installation of SQLServer Express will create an Instance called SQLEXPRESS, which you can access via localhost\SQLEXPRESS.

Installing SQL Server Local DB via SambaPOS installation creates an Instance called (localdb)\V11.0

Installing SQL Server Local DB manually (outside of SambaPOS installations) will by default create an instance called (localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB

Look in SambaPOS Manage > Settings > Local Settings at the Data Connection String to find out what your instance is called. It is the first portion of the string after Data Source.

Uhm… i think i have something terrably wrong.

When i was looking for the right direction i found this:
C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microshoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\V11.0

so i removed the map to see what happend when i startup SAMBA pos

Quest what? it dont startup

So i place the map back where is was…

Ques again…

I still dont work.

I reinstal everything…

Still does not work.

Maked a new user profile on my laptop,
Stil doen’t work :frowning:

i hate myself so much richt now…

What am i going to do?

C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microshoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\V11.0
                                       ^

Check your “map” (path), then re-check it again. Ensure the database files are in the correct path - you should see something like an mdf and an ldf file.

Look in this file for your connection String:

C:\ProgramData\SambaPOS\SambaPOS4\SambaSettings.txt

<ConnectionString>Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; User Id=userid; Password=userpassword; Database=SAMBAPOS4;</ConnectionString>

Hi @QMcKay !

So here i my map:

Than i go to the map with the file:

And this is the text in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?><SettingsObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><MessagingServerPort>8080</MessagingServerPort><TerminalName>Server</TerminalName><ConnectionString>C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\v11.0</ConnectionString><StartMessagingClient>false</StartMessagingClient><DefaultHtmlReportHeader>
&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; 
html
{
  font-family: 'Courier New', monospace;
  font-size: 11px;
} 
&lt;/style&gt;</DefaultHtmlReportHeader><CurrentLanguage>en</CurrentLanguage><OverrideLanguage>false</OverrideLanguage><OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings>false</OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings><DefaultRecordLimit>100</DefaultRecordLimit><WindowScale>1</WindowScale><FooterHeight>50</FooterHeight><UseBoldFonts>false</UseBoldFonts><ValidateExitButton>true</ValidateExitButton><AllowMultipleClients>false</AllowMultipleClients><CallerIdDeviceName /><ScaleDeviceName /><AdditionalDevices>[]</AdditionalDevices><AutoMigrate>true</AutoMigrate><TokenLifeTime /></SettingsObject>

When i start SAMBA…

When i replace:
C:\Users\roywaarts\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\v11.0
For:
Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; User Id=userid; Password=userpassword; Database=SAMBAPOS4;

I still get the message:

I have installed Samba with the checkmark SQL Server Local DB

When i try to connect with it ill get this:

And when i open de browser ill get this:

Any suggestions?

shall i try to remove everthing? en reinstall?

Thank you so much for your time and patience!

If you have the time and you want to… i can install teamviewer so you can take over my laptop? :smile:

I wrote a tutorial on how to setup and use SQL Express 2014. I recommend you read it. I can’t link it because I am on my phone but type SQL 2014 in search of forum and look for the tutorial.

In SSMS, put this in the Server Name:

(localdb)\V11.0

It should probably be similar in the Settings file for:

Data Source=(localdb)\V11.0

OMG Thank you so much! It’s is working!

I used:

(localdb)\V11.0

And then i deleted the SAMBA database,
Removed SAMBA
Reinstal SAMBA

And its working :smile:

Okay, just to be sure…

i have reinstalled the Samba POS
and it works!

But when i open the SQL managment i dont see the SAMBA database…

Where does the program saves the information?

Im asking this becouse i want to setup everything on my laptop en copy evertyhing to the cash register when its ready,

is that possible?

When you reinstalled you did check the LocalDB install option? Did you refresh the Databases tab in SSMS?

A Helpful TIP: If you delete a database you do not have to reinstall SambaPOS. When you restart SambaPOS it will just remake the database. Everything is stored in the Database. Also If you decide to install SQL Server 2014 you have more control over the database via SSMS vs what you get with LocalDB install.

If your interested here is the link to my tutorial for setting up SQL Server Express 2014:

Hi @Jesse

I try your tutorial but i dont get the screen you get, i responded on youre post

For now…

So i reinstalled SAMBA Pos, and i have checked al the options

When i open the database tool and connects there is no SAMBA database:

When i open Samba i dont see a connection:

When i open the settings file this is whats in it:

<?xml version="1.0"?><SettingsObject xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><MessagingServerPort>8080</MessagingServerPort><TerminalName>Server</TerminalName><ConnectionString /><StartMessagingClient>false</StartMessagingClient><DefaultHtmlReportHeader>
&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; 
html
{
  font-family: 'Courier New', monospace;
  font-size: 11px;
} 
&lt;/style&gt;</DefaultHtmlReportHeader><CurrentLanguage>en</CurrentLanguage><OverrideLanguage>false</OverrideLanguage><OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings>false</OverrideWindowsRegionalSettings><DefaultRecordLimit>100</DefaultRecordLimit><WindowScale>1</WindowScale><FooterHeight>0</FooterHeight><UseBoldFonts>false</UseBoldFonts><ValidateExitButton>false</ValidateExitButton><AllowMultipleClients>false</AllowMultipleClients><CallerIdDeviceName /><ScaleDeviceName /><AdditionalDevices>[]</AdditionalDevices><AutoMigrate>true</AutoMigrate><TokenLifeTime /></SettingsObject>

:smile:

It probably made another instance since that one existed already. PS. I responded to your other post.

Try putting localhost\V11.0 in the connection string or try (localdb)\V11.0

localhost\V11.0 does not work

Now i did this,
When im connected to (localdb)\V11.0
I have create a new Database:

Can i connect Samba with that?
And make every change i want, insert products en everything
then export the database and inport it to the new computer? :smile:

No you should not. This will not work. Samba creates the databases itself. Its not connected to that instance or it would chave created a database.

Did you read my response in the tutorial?

When you installed Samba did you select localdb option?