PLEASE NEED HELP ! Randomly Printer Template Errors

Dear Friends
I am very happy with Samba V5 and in 99% works ALL smoothly and like it should be .:blush:… BUT very SOMETIMES we are suffering an annoying bug that very suddenly, when we “close” an order, pops UP an Error Message that the “printer template has problems” (sorry I dont have screenshot) and the order will NOT be print out to the kitchen and/or bar printer.

It was this ticket…

NOT print out causes confusion and delays, because we have the strick rule " No ticket. No product Out". Means my staff order AGAIN the same table items and HOPE now print, then I have double product in my POS and Warehouse mistakes, means A BIG MESS and this on a FULL Friday, you can imagine the chaos…:grimacing:

Anyway
First Solution may be:
HOW I CAN PUSH OUT the order TICKET a SECOND time?? (now I print out 2 times the BILL and use it as a Ticket … unlock table again, run to the kitchen blablabla, run to bartender blablabla…)

Second solution, find the Bug
Maybe I have a problem in my Template ??? which I did not touched a lot, only in the header a bit .

I give u my configuration screenshot of my printer, template and printer jobs…

Like I said previous,… this error fortunately is seldom (1 or 2 times a week), cant replicate intentional (today I remake the exactly SAME order on the SAME table and all printed out perfectly) and not depends on a specific product or printer, but when happens, really sucks!! :cry:

Thank you guys for your HELP!!

first, it would be great to have a print screen with the error… otherwise it will be difficult.
second, does samba close after the error? if so, it would be great to have a log.
third, try to narrow it down to
1- wich printer (both printers?)
2- wich products/product tags/order tags or combinations…

thanks!!!

G.

It is unlikely an error in your Template. If it was, then the error would not likely be intermittent.

Are your printers wireless?

I would suggest the error is likely due to lost connectivity of the physical printer, or a physical printer issue (ie. out of paper), though if you are certain the jobs are hitting the Windows Print Queue then they should process when back online. If not, that is a printer and/or driver issue.

BTW, there is nothing special about printing. You can create an automation command similar to Print Bill button that fires the Kitchen print job whenever you like. There should be no need to duplicate tickets just to get a Kitchen Ticket printed.

1 Like

Hi Gerlandog, Thank you for your help!!

YES. Samba closed after this error and SURE I will do a screenshot next time, if I have the chance. Mostly my staff handle the orders and they dont know how to react…, so they only only report to me…but next time (I hope there will be no “next time”) I instruct them!

Can I still find the log on the respective Pad? Or are they stored on the Server?

1. both Printer
  2. randomly products (can be food and or drinks)

Thx again!

QMcKay, hello :slight_smile:

I have 2 Printer, the Kitchen is connected by LAN cable to the router, where also is connected the PC Server, so has CABLE.
The Bar printer is connected with USB on an ASUS Transformer Tablet Book, which YES is wireless connected to the Network (runs with 2 routers, downstairs Bar and upstairs Kitchen) - to the PC Server.

Me too, I have the feeling is a “lost connectivity” issue (we are in Vietnam so we have unstable power and Internet connectivity, but at that time, all was OK running)
Paper out was NOT the case, I checked, and started the printer NEW in the hope the lost print job came out again, but both printer had paper and no tickets came out.

Can you show me how to create this “Print Ticket Again” Button? and can it be restricted to only certain user? Just to avoid cheating :grimacing:

Great Help!!

You can use mapping for the new reprint button so only certain users are allowed that function.

I have had the issue you describe when using a tablet and the wifi is weak at the point “print” is pressed.

1 Like

Ok Guys DONE !:grinning:

10 min and I created my “Reprint” button following Emre’s Tutorial THX again, man!!

i mapped this function to Admin, like uzi9mm suggested, so easy, Thx

I have one CLUE WHY maybe this errors of not print out from my Pads appears

1. I did NOT updated my 3 waiter Pads with the last SAMBA v5160 (The Cashier Tablet and Server running v5160), they were running still with 5159… and while updating them today,

2. I recognized that 2 of the PADs where NOT CONNECTED with the MESSENGER SERVICE… however printing out tickets, I tried…

May THIS caused the program error?

1 Like

Message server has nothing to do with printing. It should not have let you connnect older versions to the database.

hmm, OK, now I fixed it, lets see if the error appears in future I will come back with a screenshot and try find the error.log

Cheers!!

It happen yesterday again! Here the screenshot and SAMBA NOT shots down… proceeding normal, just the ticket for both printer (Bar and Kitchen) LOST…

Very common issue… your losing connection to the networked printer which is seen very often with wireless setups but can also happen to traditional ethernet setups as well although its very rare. This unfortunately has nothing to do with SambaPOS and is a network related issue. You can resolve it by narrowing it down to what is causing the network issue and try to resolve that or switch to all wired and not use wireless.

1 Like

I see :cry: our wiifi quite trouble here sometimes, I only use the Table with the Bar printer (connected by USB) with wifi, bcs that device has no LAN connection entry , so I have to handle the problem by reprint ticket.
OK Thanks a lot !