Portions Pricing Rule

Hello guys,

I have two portions: normal and bottle , normal is the glass price and bottle is the bottle price.
Is there a rule to have the bottle portion price equal the normal portion price multiplied by a certain number instead of manually putting the bottle portion price for every product? Because it is the same formula for all my products bottle.

Thank you

I’m sorry but I can’t understand what you are asking for.

That the bottle portion price is automatically x3 the glass price.
I mean pesonally i would do it the other way round since your pricing will be calculated using the bottle cost not glass cost so wiuld make glass price 1/3 bottle rounded up to 5p or whatever.
Its unusual practice in my experiance with bottle price usually working out to be less that glass price to encorage the upsell and bottle is lower labor etc.
Im not aware of a way to do that directly using portions.
A sql script could be wrotting to calculate and update the wine catagory proctuct portions posibly but how many products are you talking?
Especially wine by the glass, even a busy wine bar isnt going to have 100s of open wine by the glass products causing waste.
And with only 250ml sizes isnt that many product lines.
We do 6 btg wine is 125, 175 and 250ml, inc bottle thats only 24 prices when there is an update.

Well there are a lot of vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, wine and liqueurs bottles, so it takes a lot of time if i have to update the glass price and the bottle price for every bottle we have.
So i thought it might be a way to update one price and the second one might be automatically updated using a formula.

I think your method of pricing is quite unusual and probably not something sabma would build in/hard code.
Look at creating an sql script to calculate prices if thats the route you want to go is my reconmendation.

Well yeah i ll try something out, but why is it unusual? I have a bar with a lot of cocktails and hard liquor , so for me the priority is to have priced glasses then priced bottles for some customers that like to order bottles, thats it, so i thought there is a better way but anyhow i ll price now every bottle portion.

If your bottle price is exactly qty x the glass price maybe look at having a button that does btle qty add instead maybe, if bottle price is exact x of glass it isnt really a bottle price