POS4 Upgrading To Later Version

If you currently have POS 4 is their any major benifit by upgrading to a latter version, as I have a version 4 that I have just loaded onto my laptop to play around with as that is what is used at the Bowling Club where I volunteer? Cheers

There are some bugs that were fixed withing version 5. V5 has a lot more customization options, action, rules, tasks, better report engine, script access and more.

If you are not into DIY, and a basic out of the box POS with 5 reports and some menu options is enough for you, then no, you dont need V5.

If you want to tap into professional tools every business in hospitality industry eventually requires, V5 is a great place to start.

Thank you very much. V4 has more than we require but just depending on how much we can customize the Payment Screen.
Cheers George

Feel free to be a bit more specific about what exactly you are looking to change and Ill let you know if thats possible in V5.

I would like to make the Voucher Button a Set $ value and add auto rounding, and when I select Settle I need it to ask me if I would like to apply Member Discount.
Regards George

So you need Gift Certificates, Auto Rounding (on payment?) and want to apply Member discount which I assume is some number you save in your customer entity data?

Gift Certificate Tutorial (V5)

Auto rounding (works in v4 and v5)

Customer based discount can be handled in many different ways but its something that relatively easy to do in V5.

1 Like

I have imported a file from V4 to see how it works with changes in V5 it allows me to edit but not to test it out it comes up with Error No Valid License even though it a Trial Version, is there any way I can get around this?
Regards George

There is a limit on number of invoices you can use in demo mode. So if you wipe your test backup of transactions it should allow you to continue checking it out.

Hi,
It appears that the problem is when I use a Backup From V4 that we have it said No Valid License. I believe V5 thinks its no longer in trial mode. The reason I have used a back up copy of our V4 is to see how everything compares and sort out any issues before we purchase it. Is there anyway work around way for this issues?
Regards
George

Hi,
It appears that the problem is when I use a Backup From V4 that we have it said No Valid License for V5 Trial that I am playing with. I believe it thinks V5 is no longer in trial mode. The reason I have used a back up copy of our V4 is to see how everything compares and sort out any issues before we purchase it. Is there any work around way for this issues?
Regards
George

Hi @Thomaxs, as I already mentioned in my previous reply, you cannot use trial demo if you have invoice and order data in this copy of your database.

Clear the copy of it from all transactions using Database tools in V5. And try again. All your menus, options, modifiers, reports will stay available, just you transaction data wont.

However, do all that on your copy, not on your actual production database.

Thanks that’s a bit easier to understand. I am new to this. Cheers.

This is the message I receive when I try to delete transactions. Cheers Thomax

Go to Settings > Database Tools > Database Tasks > Create Default Tasks

Then select Clear Database Transactions and Execute Task

Thanks very much that did the trick. The more I play with this version the more I like it. The help you provide is outstanding.
Thanks.

2 Likes