Possible to rename buttons & configure categories onto one screen?

Is there a way to rename the “Close”

button circled in this screenshot to “Submit Order”?

I am also curious if can show all categories on one screen instead of the scroll option.

Thanks
Ray

Hi i recategorised as question

1. Yes go to main menu, manage, automation, automation commands, find close and edit the button header to say submit

2. Yes go to main menu, manage, products, menu, select your menu and under the category settings you can change button height and width

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much RickH!

Looks like you have allot of categories, there is an option to set the number of columns for the categories list as well as the menu items. Its in menu properties.

Might save having to have verry small buttons height wise. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Joe, your right! I am playing with the columns and widths and they can be small.
I think will have just have to leave the scroll option :grin:

A carefull selection of columns and widths should get you there.
How many categories you have?

Also see;

Use the \r in the header options to format the line breaks of button headers efficiently to maintain font size.
If you can keep on one screen without scroll bar your use will be much more efficient.
Alternatively depending on your product per category count you might consider merging one or two to a more general group.

Looks like we have 22 categories. Yikes! We are basically cloning a setup the restaurant had with another POS.

I know that might seem like the fastest method but you might want to use this time to take advantage of what makes SambaPOS superior and different and see if it can build a better menu for you.

Order Tags, Sub Menu’s etc you have a lot of power available to you. Also if you provide screenshots and examples of your flow we can help you with it.

2 Likes

As @Jesse said there are many ways to optimize you menu.
Also keep in mind that menu categories are purely organization for the buttons, they don’t have to match your Product Groups and you can mix any selection of products you want to best suit your needs.
ie. on my spirits menu page i also have a selection of products duplicated from the soft drinks category for mixers to save going back and forth between them.
Also the default work period reports breakdown will be based on your Product Group not Menu Category if that was a concern.

thank you Jesse and Joe! I will definitely keep that in mind. I have no problem making changes to differ from their original setup, I just want them to understand the process.