Prepaid Debit cards

I am in a members sport club,we have a restaurant for members.Members are supposed to pay in advance and their payments are converted to points.This is because some members accrue immense debts then disappear for months having not cleared.The members are supposed to be issued with magnetic cards which can also be used by their family,once they pay the card will reflect the amount.
When placing an order member are supposed to produce the cards which is swapped on a card reader and the sale are made directly from the members account.
In case its a family member bio-metric readers may also be used to determine the family member that used the card,can this be achieved on sambapos.
Best regards

It should be doable just download v5 and start configuring it. It’s got an unreseicted 500 ticket trial.

Not sure about bio readers but imagine they are going to work faily similar to barcode, MSR or RFID.
If they are to pay in advance its just credit accounts which are pretty easy, look at gift cards/certificates, they are the same principle.

Not sure how a top up card quite relates to Subscription Free which is the title of the topic but hayho

@JTRTech am
sorry there was a mix-up its not subscription .RFID cards idea can also be used in companies canteen and students cafeteria

Not sure if that is a question or not, if it was YES ,LOL

As far as a computer is concerned it doesnt really know the diference between an MSR, an RFID or a Barcode.
These all pretty much emulate a keyboard typing the code very quickly.
Thats all there is to it.
On virtually all systems you will likely be able to plug in a keyboard and type in the barcode and achive the same result - what do you think they are typing in when your at the supermarket and the barcode wont scan :smile: the number thats under the barcode which is the number which is ‘encoded’ (if thats the right word) within the barcode.

In short your ‘Prepaid Debit Cards’ are pretty much exactly the same as a gift voucher, for which there are several tutorials. Only diference vs some of the setups is the ‘Topup’ but thats not hard to add.

1 Like

incredible i need to workout and try this tonight

*[quote="muthoga, post:1, topic:8678, full:tru

I am in a members sport club,we have a restaurant for members.Members are supposed to pay in advance and their payments are converted to points.This is because some members accrue immense debts then disappear for months having not cleared.The members are supposed to be issued with magnetic cards which can also be used by their family,once they pay the card will reflect the amount.
When placing an order member are supposed to produce the cards which is swapped on a card reader and the sale are made directly from the members account.
In case its a family member bio-metric readers may also be used to determine the family member that used the card,can this be achieved on sambapos.
Best regards
[/quote]

kindly can i have someone who can briefly share his experience with this kind of a situation ,i haven,t managed to set it up yet

Well I think you made two posts about the same thing just worded differently. In your second post @QMcKay gave you a very good explanation so lets focus on that single discussion and lets not respond here anymore since your question does not support the original intent of this topic.

PS. In the future it is better to create a NEW post with details about your question do not respond to old posts. It is good to read them and get information from but unless your contributing to that original posts intention refrain from responding to it. When you respond to an old post it confuses people and often you wont get the help you seek.

1 Like