Prevent entity screen from refreshing on open

I have a web browser open in an entity screen and every time I open the entity screen it removes everything loaded and goes back to the home page.

Is there a way to prevent this and allow me to stay on the page I last went to?

regards

Matt

Uncheck Auto Refresh in the Widget Properties.

tried that, but when i log out of the POS and back in…

Matt

Nothing you can do about that. The Logout/Login sequence clears the Cache by default. It is like closing the Browser and re-opening it.

You might try setting this to False for your Logout Rule/Action, but I suspect that will not have the desired effect in most every other case of your system operation, so I do not recommend it …

Maybe you need to change the URL in the Widget if there is a specific area of the website that you want to navigate to ?

na, its playing music… it resets it.

Ill just explain to the client that they should only go in when music stops of they really want to change it. No biggie.

Matt

I don’t have this Action… am i meant to?! :sailboat:

Logout User? By default, no, the Action will not be there… you need to create it.

The Logout button/Tile does not require the Action (and no Rule either) because it uses the Navigation settings to fire the Logout Module, which logs the user out.

Again, I do not recommend this. It will break your system in many other ways - that is, the expected behavior of your Automation will be affected in ways that we cannot begin to predict.

ill not do this, i promise :thumbsup:

I added an underscore to the entity screen name in the action… it still takes me there but never refreshes…

probably not meant to do that but ill not complain :slight_smile:

Matt