Price check button

Hello all

I have a question, can I add a button for price check, so when a cashier press the button it will ask for barcode and when cashier scan the item it will show the price instead of cashing into the bill.

Thanks

Hi Faisal
This sounds very doable but I would suggest you use the search button to find your answers as there is a wealth of information.

You can start here:

This can be modified I assume to show a price.

By this way we opening a ticket but I don’t want to open a ticket.
Press check button, scan item, show the price that’s it.

Thanks

Have you written any automation before by yourself?

There should be parts of this tutorial you can use and then build your own hybrid price check. I do not have time at the moment, but you can issue a “Close Ticket” action that will close the Ticket if there are no items on the ticket - just as an example.

No I didn’t but I will try.
You mean to say in action we don’t have to assign open ticket with price check automation command just make a action with close ticket so ticket will remain close when our press the price check button. But how its gonna take the barcode and show the price against it?

Not sure about your region but here we do not mind creating a new Ticket ID and then wasting it - this could be your concern? Otherwise once the product is displayed you can cancel and close the Ticket or be more fancy and display a prompt or message window to the user telling them Price Options and Stock Levels.

No cashier can’t void items, there is a restriction. I can’t accept this scenario when you have to open a ticket to actually see the price.

Thanks

1 Like

Why do you need to open a ticket?
What version are you using?
I’m not sure if there is an easy barcode based expression for looking up a product but using SQL in {REPORT SQL DETAILS:xxxx} type report expression would easily get product price from barcode directly without creating a ticket.
You would just use a [?prompt] expression to get barcode and the report expression to get the price and whatever message method you want to show the price…

1 Like

Doable with automation commands and ask question action.

Could probably have a go later as it’s raining and I’m going to have NO CUSTOMERS!

Matt

M using 5.1.60. I am not good in all but the way you sound m I be able to do price check in sambapos by this way? If yes then please show me how to do it.