Price Of Single Item Different During Certain Hours

Notice I ended up not using the Custom Tags as I mentioned because you wanted just a single item. If you were doing multiple items or wanted variable items per hour you could use custom tags and read that tag instead of the actual Menu Item Name.

This is a great way to do Happy Hour… and BTW @Gerlandog Using this method along with Custom Tags might solve your issue you had long time ago with a trigger initiated Happy Hour… If you were in middle of an order that started before happy hour but it crossed into happy hour before the order was finished… you could simply cancel the order and re-add it and it would have correct price keeping the current ticket and all other items in tact so you would have no need to close the ticket to load a price list.

PS In fact I think this would be the best approach for Happy Hour.

2 Likes

BS? What kind of a price tag is it?

1 Like

HAHAHA you caught me… play on words… it was Breakfast Special but you can interpret it how you like hahaha

1 Like

Great sample. I’m sure @gerlandog will love this idea as it allows to implement happy hour without using triggers and it immediately stop applying price tags if happy hour period ends in the middle of order adding process.

lol… I should think that at first place :slight_smile:

Wow thanks @Jesse Im trying it now.

Okay, I just did it and even when I put time time contraint at after 01:00 and before 02:00 it still gives the discounted price.

Is another Action needed to revert it back to the normal price?

Make sure you have matches all set

1 Like

Ahh Sorry. I did not. @kendash

It works.

Wow, I just tested it and it changes the prices on the fly without having to log out and clear the cache. This is awsome. Thanks @kendash @emre

2 Likes

@emre the only way I could see to improve this is to add a Tag that could read the current Day. Maybe improve {DATE:X} so you can use it similar to {DATE:X}EqualsSaturday as a custom constraint? Or is this already available and I just have not figured it out yet?

Yes it is possible… @QMcKay knows how to do it :slight_smile:

Haha ok ok. I think I know what your referring too. I was hoping for a more simplified way.

OK. I found it

Not tested but {DATE:ddd} should return three letter day code. (eg sat,sun). I’ve referred @QMcKay because he tested it before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok I was wrong lol that worked… Great thank you @emre.

So basically add {DATE:ddd} Equals Sat to make it run ONLY on Saturday. So in summary this method allows specific days and times of day to run a happy hour and it will react instantly in middle of an order… This is exactly what @gerlandog was wanting few months back I hope he sees this.

This would be a great way to run promotions too. I think I am going to really play with it some more. I could even use this.

Also we can add a regex match like…

{DATE:ddd} Matches Sat|Sun

So it will work for Saturday or Sunday.

More details…

1 Like

My goodness I have been not paying attention lately. I see that @QMcKay basically did this same thing in a more robust way already in a previous post. Well @Hasa you have several methods to think about hahaha.

The post I was referring too is here:

I’ve commented about that but nobody cared lol.

I remember that now. I am really not sure why we didnt catch on then. I guess it took a specific need and desire to build it and then the interest shifted. Although I would think @gerlandog would have been interested haha

2 Likes

What benefit would that other approach give me?

possibly none. I just wanted to show you a more advanced use for this feature.

Oh okay, Your method is perfect as far as im concerned… For my current needs atleast, haha.

2 Likes