"Print Bill" button - printed receipt, but did not close ticket

I have the rule set as below. I tried and see the ticket status was set to “Paid”, remaining total is 0, but ticket still did not get closed for new order.

I think I need a bit more explanation relating to what you mean by not closing for new order.

Please tell me what’s going on and what you expect to be happening.

So from the “table” entity page, I click on “table 1”
Screen#1
Ready to create new ticket
Screen#2
I create ticket
Screen#3

After clicked “Print bill” button, it changed the ticket status to “Paid”, then stuck there
Screen#4

What I want is that after I clicked “Print bill” button, order status should change paid, and redirect back to Screen#1 and so I can repeat the process to create new ticket/order

I see “New Order” for the ticket and “New” for the Bud Light so it doesn’t look like the ticket hasn’t been submitted.

If you want that ticket to be closed after printing bill you’ll have to make sure “Close Ticket” action is part of the rule that executes when “Print Bill” is pressed.

Part of the problem is you have an “Auto Settle” action in your Print Bill rule.

(Action from your pervious post)

What is happening is every time you print a bill you are applying a payment of 1500 in Cash (provided the ticket is not already paid and closed/locked)

1 Like

Good catch.

But I would expect the default payment check rule would catch this and mark the ticket closed. I think there may be some other stuff that was changed and needs to be reworked for his solution.

I think he might be wanting to do something like a quick sale without having to manually settle the ticket.

1 Like

I agree…Something is not right. I think there is come confusion on terminology, the default setup/flow on SambaPOS and how he things it suppose to work.

Shouldn’t be the issue but take your settle action out and test.

Also surely would settle before print so receipt shows paid.

Personally seems like off flow still.
Why not just make a fast cash button and set cash to autoprint receipt?

ive had a look at the database theres more going on, he only has 2 additional custom made rules in addition to the built in standard rules

Ive deleted all the rules and replaced with the default rules from a blank setup but the issue is the same. Also the settle screen doesnt work, when you select to pay by any method it jumps you back to the ticket screen. The ticket looks unpaid until its refreshed but even then stay on the screen. In all scenarios there is no way to actually close the ticket, you have to use Windows task manager to manually force samba closed as you cant get out of the ticket screen

Ive suggested, as he only has a couple of additional rules that he re-create a new database with his menus etc, and once done ill help setup the flow he wants without affecting the default rules

Im guessing when he restored his V4 database into V5 something may have happened to the database which has broke it

2 Likes

He should try the maintenance task in program settings > maintenance to repair old rules.

Hes done that too

and it was the first thing i did when i looked at his database, but it didnt change anything

Probably some actions need remade.

So i created a new database and copied all the automation from his V4 to V5 upgraded database and they way he has it setup now works perfect to his needs. Nothing else has changed, ill I did was copy the automation that doesnt work in the upgraded database into a new database and all the automation works

im guessing something within the database broke when upgrading from V4 to V5, it just means now that we know the automation is working exactly how he had it setup in V4 he will need to rebuild all the menus etc in the new database ive sent

Unless someone at Samba end can look into his database and fix it as I dont think theres anything we can do from our side as the automation that “doesnt work” actually does on a blank database so something else is going on

There are major differences in v4 and v5. It is always recommended to rebuild your database with v5. We can not be sure what will and won’t work when migrating. Version 4 is very old now and we do not support version 4 now.

It may work when migrating and it may not. The best solution is to rebuild it and possibly take advantage of some new features while you do.

1 Like

thats what ive advised he needs to do :grinning:

Jess, “rebuild database” means manually re-enter data back to clean empty database every time we do major upgrade? That is not acceptable. Re-entering data manually is very time consuming. They need to reconsider how to have a smooth upgrade for users.

We released the major upgrade many years ago. Sometimes when a major change is made it’s simply not possible to ensure everything is compatible. Although we did a great job at trying to do so there is a chance it won’t be.

It has been a very long time since we made that upgrade to sambapos. Back then it was easier to transition as we didn’t have as many major differences. But we can not move forward with sambapos by trying to also support situations from version compatibility from so long ago. We would never get much accomplished if every time we release a v5 update we have to make sure it works with a v4 conversion.

V5 upgrades will work just fine with v5. We can’t promise v4 to v5 will be flawless.

We did. Back in 2014 we made it simple to transition to v5. And for a few years it worked flawlessly. But now it is 2021 and we have made many changes to keep up with demand and requests and technology. At some point we have to stop supporting the older versions and move on. I hope you can understand.

2 Likes