Print job no show ticket no

When I preview, the ticket number is displayed, what happens? When I print the ticket, the ticket number is not displayed.

Share your template please. Without that we can only guess what’s wrong.

{TICKET NO} will print the ticket number. However, it’s not immediately assigned. It’s assigned at/after the Ticket Closing event.

For the default Print Bill automation, one can add a Save Ticket action prior to executing the print job and that should guarantee the ticket nr is available for the print job.

For automated print jobs that fire when a ticket is closed, one needs to change the event that fires the actions to ticket closing if one wants the ticket number to be visible. With this, one also needs to change some default behaviour of changing the order state Status from New to Submitted to the ticket closing event so the print job, if required, prints just the new orders.

2024-07-15_17;11_1721085069_Samba.Presentation

1 Like

Actually ticket number is added immediately. Ticket Id is not. I would be curious to see his template.

Ticket number is reserved as soon as you create a ticket. And ticket UID is as well.

I just checked on latest build. Ticket nr is not available until Ticket Closing event. I think the original thoughts behind it was to prevent gaps in the sequence - some revenue agencies are sticklers for such things. Until the ticket is ready to be committed to the db, the ticket nr isn’t set. But you are correct, the Ticket Id is set on insert and returned to the app from EF (I would assume on the Ticket Closed event, but haven’t verified).

2024-07-15_20;20_1721096423_VirtualBoxVM

Yes I was mistaken sorry it’s been a while since I dug in this deep. Ticket number works differently than ticket id. There is also a ticket uid

The behavior is to prevent two tickets from grabbing the same number.

That said it seems like his print function is in the wrong event.

Please share your template and the rule you used.

No worries, mate. Truth be told, I wasn’t 100% certain the behaviour was the same on the later versions so I wanted to check.