Print product category in red

Group Code {GROUP CODE} is sometimes referred to as the Category, yes. In the Product Card, it is the field called Group Code, and like all Group Codes or Categories, it helps with organization of “items”. In Printer Templates it is accessible via {GROUP CODE}. In a Template [SECTION] however, it is referred to by PRODUCT GROUP, as in:

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP:SUBT]

The default built in Product Tag is the {ITEM TAG}. On the Product Card, it is the field called Tag. And as far as I remember, in your Printer Templates it can be accessed by {PRODUCT TAG} as well as {ITEM TAG}. In a Template [SECTION] however, it is referred to by PRODUCT TAG, as in:

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:<defaultProductTagValue>]

Or in your case where you defined a Custom Product Tag called ItemType, like this:

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:ItemType=SUBT]

This is a really good Topic by Emre when he released the Grouping/Filtering/Sorting features. Look it over …

Hmm so if I do the group code… Won’t it still add the no Mayo on the ticket twice because the orders has name and group code on the template? Also would the group code group together all the subt items even if they are for different items?

[ORDERS]

• {QUANTITY} {NAME} {GROUP CODE}

Would it be hard for @emre to add a format for a menu category? I still need to post a pic of my ticket to give you a better idea of how it works.

Not from wha you have done here;

All {GROUP CODE} will do is display that orders group code.
Think your confusing with the group/sort template tags discussed elsewhere.

How do you mean? A picture would help.
Templates are very versitile and setting a format for a menu category would be posible in one way or another.

OK so I had a thought… I tried to find it on here but I can’t remember where it was. Is it possible to somehow create a automation command button as a menu item and when selected it just ass the order tag that should fix my issue. That way it’s also showing on the ticket the way it should but it shows on the POS screen as item buttons?..

So if I do the above I only get the first item in the ticket to show up red… No matter what it is… I’m pulling my hair out now :frowning:

There is an add custom button option on the menu options;

Show your full template.

Well after a whole bunch of arguing i was able to convince my uncle to go with order tags instead of products for the SUBT category. Thanks to everyone for trying to help me!.. Great community!

1 Like

Good on you!

Seriously, that is the way almost all EPOS software works is with Order Tags (Modifiers). Having every modifier as a Product just makes no sense at all.

1 Like

Instead of opening a new thread ill just ask here… Is it possible to print the product portion in red? {PORTION} below is my template. Does not seem to work… Also i would like if it was on the same line as the {PRODUCT NAME}

<XCT>27,33,16
<XCT>27,69,1
<T>Kitchen Order
<F>=
<L>{TICKET DATE} {TICKET TIME}
<L>Tbl:{ENTITY NAME:Customer}{ENTITY NAME:Customer Number} Chk:{TICKET NO}
<F>=
<XCT>27,114,1
<C>{TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type}
<XCT>27,114,0
<F>=
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<XCT>27,114,1
<C>{TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type} {TICKET TAG:Ticket Type}
<XCT>27,114,0
<F>=

[ORDERS]
<L>- {QUANTITY} {PRODUCT NAME} 
<XCT>27,114,1
{PORTION}
<XCT>27,114,0
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<XCT>27,114,1
<J>     {ORDER TAG NAME}
<XCT>27,114,0

Yes, however, in general, by default, if the Portion is “Normal” then it does not print, which might be why it looks as though it does not work. You should be able to overcome this however using a bit of script as a workaround.

Probably not possible. AFAIK, ESC/POS are “line” printers, and changing the color is a function of the Printer, so changing color mid-line is a limitation of the Printer rather than SambaPOS. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, or if you have seen this actually work in practice.