Printer Swapping?

Need printer help.

A new situation has come up and this is what we would like to do.

Two restaurants under one roof.
Separate but together.

Out of these two businesses under the same roof, one is getting a makeover, but the kitchens are fine and ready.

Two kitchens, let’s say A and B.
IP Printers in both kitchens (Epson TM2200).

Currently one restaurant prints kitchen orders to kitchen A.
We need to be able to print to kitchen B Monday-Wednesday from this one terminal, and then back to Kitchen A the rest of the week.

How is this possible without moving kitchen A’s printer to kitchen B?

Create print jobs for each printer to be used, and a rule to execute the print job for each group of days of the week. I believe the three-letter date string is dependant on the terminal’s language setting.q

Then use
{DATE:ddd} MATCHES Mon|Wed
and
{DATE:ddd} NOT MATCHES Mon|Wed

2022-04-26_13;07_1651000041_Samba.Presentation
2022-04-26_13;07_1651000063_Samba.Presentation

if you have more than one constraint in the rules (which is more than likely) be sure Execute rule if Matches All is selected

1 Like

I will get that a test. Thanks!

Which Event Name: would I choose?

The same as what you’re using right now to print tickets to the kitchen. Clone the rule and then modify both rules.

In testing outside of the restaurant this worked.
Once we got an extra printer in place this DID NOT work.

I have Kitchen A and Kitchen B, and we want B to be printed to on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thur but on Fri-sat-sun, print to Kitchen A.

I had to remove the mapping to kitchen A for the rules to work and print to kitchen B.

This is not how I wanted to work, need full automation.

Any advice?

UPDATE:
I just thought about it and I may HAVE to disable the original rule so that the other two can work.
Time will tell.

Kitchen prints are state based so if have seperate job and action just constrain the actions for print jobs in before closing rule with some date expressions.

1 Like