Printer Template Sort

Also I know I could do
Sort Order: Name

But then I would have weird numbers in front of each item(so not ideal…):

I see you have seat states listed twice. That might be the reason it shows up twice.cTjSDGYvBH
It would be interesting to know if that is why items are listed twice. (you also have unpaid listed twice).

It might be possible to strip out the first 2 digits using [='{NAME}'.substr(2,20)] (I’m not sure what the longest name you have, I just threw 20 in). Every name will have to have 2 digits that will be striped out.

So the name I don’t really have an issue with, I could put the name I wanted printed as a {ITEM TAG:PrinterName} or that sorts, but my main issue would be, Gloria Food.

Online people would be ordering, and they would have weird numbers in the item names, which I would prefer to avoid.

So I am trying to look for a work around but with Order States.

And possibly! I didn’t think about the two orders states in there!

In the printer template you have to option to “Sort Orders:” by Order State:X. Try sorting by: Order State:PrintOrder. I’ve never used that, you may have to type in the order state in the drop down…see if that will work.

That comes up with the following error:

If I do “ORDER STATE:PrintOrder” there is no error, but it ends up not being sorted…

Remove spaces between seat states.

Look here.

Also your getting it twice because you set that state twice. Fix your automation then test it.

Hi Jesse!

So I have no issue with the ORDER GROUPS, the SEAT 0, SEAT 1, SEAT 2, SEAT 3, etc. works but I would like to further sort the order within the seats.
So:

But I would like to order it by the Number after the name.
Right now it is in the order it was inputted:
–Seat1–
Jupiter Rain(83)
Passion Sunrise(79)
Cuc Roll(62)
Chef Sashimi(10)
Green Halo(81)
–Seat 2–
Iron Goddess(83)
Green Halo(81)
Hamachi Sashimi(16)

Instead I would like it sorted by ascending number value:
–Seat1–
Chef Sashimi(10)
Cuc Roll(62)
Passion Sunrise(79)
Green Halo(81)
Jupiter Rain(83)
–Seat 2–
Hamachi Sashimi(16)
Green Halo(81)
Iron Goddess(83)

I’ll check out the automation for the double entry as well!

Because it’s a Test Database, it’s a huge mess right now, with me testing stuff :sweat_smile:

Make the numbers a Custom Tag and sort by that. Set the order for them.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question…but how would I sort by a Custom tag? I tried looking around for that, and wasn’t able to find it.

This may be going down a rabbit hole. But the Action, “Update Order State” has a field for State Order: That might be what you are looking for.

rNbn1jZ3LG

Jesse posted this a while back:

I not aware of any tag that could be used to sort within the ticket template its self…Someone else might know of a way to do it.

However, using a Custom Tag could be used to read that value and place it in the State Order.

Again, this may be going down a rabbit hole. There may be a simpler way of doing this.

Hmmm…So I’ve tried playing around with State Order, and unless I’m using it completely wrong, I’m still stuck…

So I set the State Order when order add to ticket:

I’ve tried the Update Order State with
State Name: PrintOrder
State:{ITEM TAG:PrintOrder}
State Order: {ITEM TAG:PrintOrder}

as well as
State Name: X
State: X

and
State Name: 1
State: 1

and
State Name:PrintOrder
State:PrintOrder

and of course the one in the pic above
State Name: X

The Item tags are the number displayed after the product.:

In the printer template Sort Order for every Update Order State listed above I’ve tried:
Order State:X
Order State:PrintOrder
OrderState:1
{ITEM TAG:PrintOrder}
ITEM TAG:PrintOrder
Item Tag:PrintOrder

all with no change in the sort order…

So I’m assuming that I’m not using the Update Order State Action properly?

I was able to get it to work by adding in the State (I’m not sure Group Order is necessary or not, you can try it without it.).

NmGUxCtLaE

This is printer template with a sort order of Name. The numbers behind the item names is the print number I put in as product tags. I have another product tag called Department that I use for our setup. They are Admissions, Snack Counter, Pro Shop… etc.

This image is using Order State:X. You can see the orders are rearranged by the Product Tags.

1 Like

omg…I will try that out right away!

You added that action to a “Order Added To Ticket Rule” right?

Yep, for my testing…with no constraints.

I have NO idea why it doesn’t work for me…I first tried it with:
Where each item added to ticket would be grouped with the selected seat, and the state, would be set to selected seat, and the order would be set to the {ITEM TAG:PrintOrder}

but…nothing.

So I disabled all the “Order added to ticket” rules by adding a custom constraint 1 greater 2 to all of them and made a new rule:

(Prep level was an existing item tag that I had which was not being used)

These are the items that I have:

This order:

With this Printer template:

Displays this:

I am completely stumped…

Try using this in your printer template:

[ORDERS GROUP|ORDER STATE:NState]

I’m getting NState from this image:

Woops, I was trying a couple things out, and didn’t change the PrepLevel.

So I did try it with:

and this is the result:

I don’t know if this would make a difference, but I notice there is no {NAME} in this line. The names on the template preview, are they the barcode or portion?