Printing Issue Order Tags not printed

Hi everyone,

Hope you are doing well.

Just encountered this problem with one of our sites,
there are 2 printers:

Bar Printer and Kitchen Printer,

Tickets are printed to both printers.

Somehow as you can see on the Bar Ticket, the Order tags are printed correctly,
But on the Kitchen Tickets, The Order Tags missed the Add Egg tag.

Rules:

Actions:

Print Jobs:

Print Template

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<div style="height: 18px;"> </div>
-- Header Start
	<div style="padding: 5px; text-align: Center; background-color: #000000 black; color: #ffffff; border: 1px black solid; width: 225px; font-family:'Helvetica'; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal; line-height: 1.6em;">
	{TICKET STATE:Status} Kitchen {TICKET TYPE}
	</div>

<div style="height: 15px;"> </div>

<div style="padding: 5px; text-align: Center; background-color: #000000 black; color: #ffffff; border: 1px black solid; width: 225px; font-family:'Helvetica'; font-size:26px; font-weight:normal; line-height: 1.6em;">
	{ENTITIES}
</div>

<div style="font-size:10px;text-align: justify;">

<table>
		<tr>
			<td>
				Order Numer:
				Accepted At:
				Placed:
			</td>
			<td>
				<div style="font-size:10px;text-align:right;">
				{ORDER NUMBERS}
				{TICKET DATE} {LAST ORDER TIME}
				by{:CURRENTUSER}
				</div>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
</div>

<div style="height: 10px;font-size:12px;padding:5px;"></div>
<div style="text-align:center; border: 1px black solid;">
<div style="font-size:12px;padding:2px;font-family:'Calibri';">TICKET NOTE:</div>
<div style="padding:2px;font-size:12px;font-family:'Calibri';">{NOTE}</div>
</div>
-- Header till here

{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<table width=200>
<tr>
	<td width="2*" align=left><strong style="font-size: 13px;">{QUANTITY}x</strong> </td>
	<td width="14*"><strong style="font-size: 15px;">{PRODUCT NAME}<br/>*{PORTION NAME}</strong></td>
	<td width="4*" align=right></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan=3>
	{ORDER TAGS}
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
[ORDERS GROUP|ORDER TAG:Course:Starter,Main,Dessert,Takeaway]
<div style="padding: 5px; text-align: center; background-color: #000000; color: #ffffff; font-size: 20px;">{GROUP KEY}</div>

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<tr>
	<td width="2*" align=left><strong style="font-size: 13px;">{QUANTITY}x</strong> </td>
	<td width="14*"><strong style="font-size: 15px;">{PRODUCT NAME}<br/>*{PORTION NAME}</strong></td>
	<td width="4*" align=right>Gift</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td colspan=3>
	{ORDER TAGS}
	</td>
</tr>
[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<div style="padding:0 0 0 20; font-size:14px">[={ORDER TAG QUANTITY}>1?'{ORDER TAG QUANTITY} X ':'']{ORDER TAG NAME} [({ORDER TAG TOTAL PRICE})]</div>

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<div>Table: {ENTITY NAME}</div>

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<div>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} {ENTITY DATA:Phone}</div>

Are they the same model printer?

Yes, same model printer,

I am not sure if the triggering order on the rules will have much affect on this, but I just changed the order on the rule, Moved the Execute Kitchen Orders Print Job to the last, and ask the site to monitor if it still happens.

but if anyone knows what might be the cause would be much appreciated.

Is this error reproducible on other orders?

Hi sorry, just getting back to this.

Yes the problem seems to happen to other orders too.
Today I just had this reported to me again,
as shown on here:

This time, its the Starter tag is missing.

I haven’t figured out what the possible cause might be yet.
just seems happens on random.

@Jesse If there is any thing you can suggest Jesse?

1. Does this happen only when placing orders through the mobile client or does it happen with the desktop client?

2. Does this affect the same order tag groups and/or menu items consistently?

3. Are the order tags there when viewing the ticket using the desktop application?

4. If you swap the configured printers around, does the issue persist?

What app is that? The logo is our old one and I do not recognize that app.

Ok never mind you are using older Sambapos and mc2. It’s going to be hard to know what is really happening. There is a big chance we fixed this in a newer version but it’s hard to say.

Are the orders your having trouble with being initiated from mc2?

We can’t really support mc2 anymore. As a reseller it would be best for you to stay up to date with the software. I understand some time may be needed before you update but this is many years difference.

Mc3 is so much faster now and much more feature rich.

Hi Memo,

Thanks for the reply,
to answer them,

1. I just double checked with the client that this seemed to only happen with mobile client orders
  2. this seemed to happen to random order tag groups
  3. I haven’t been able to verify this
  4. do you mean to physically switch the printers?

Hi Jesse,
thanks for the reply.

This client we had tried to put them with MC3, but unfortunately they kept having the slow response issue, and insisted to stay with MC2, even though I have explained to them that MC2 is officially stopped support.

I will try to ask them to try on MC3 again, but as you may aware, shop owners can be very stubborn at times.

Do you have the latest MC2 ipk? I can try to ask them to update to a newer version of MC2 if they do not wish to move to mc3, that will be great help. thanks.

It might be easier to have the store swap the printers and see if the problem persists. I was originally thinking swapping in the print jobs if the problem is reproducible, but that might be too much of an inconvenience to the store.

Perhaps have them keep track of the orders affected by this. With enough data, you might be able to see a pattern.

I will try to ask them do that tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

It has been a long while but I think I remember and issue with this on mc2. We do not have issues with mc3. We did make mass improvements in responsiveness. I highly recommend you test it.

1 Like

Hi Memo,

Getting back on this, It seems MC2 is not sending the missing tag to the terminals,
as you can see below,
On ticket, the tag Main is missing,
and on Terminal, there is no Main Tag too.

and today we had this happen on both the printers. So guess its not printer related.
Any suggestion?

I will ask them again to switch to MC3, see if they would like to try.

I’m inclined to agree it’s not a printer issue.

See if you can test MC3 and see how it behaves.

You just need them to upgrade to MC3. I had lots of weird things in MC2 regarding order tags not working as expected that are mostly now resolved in MC3. Don’t go pulling your hair out trying to fix something for a discontinued product (MC2).

Generally previous connectivity issues mostly have been ironed out on MC3. My recommendation is just make sure there is a stable wifi connection, make sure the mobile devices only have the correct wifi saved (so “forget” any other networks - especially if they have connected it to a guest network used by customers). For the terminal that is running SQL and message server, I have found having 8Gb RAM makes a difference and smoother experience, even on terminals with J1900 processors. I tend to put 8Gb RAM in the main terminal if the customer is going to be using MC (instead of 4Gb RAM normally).

1 Like

We vastly improved the performance of MC3 over network. It is lightning fast in most cases.

1 Like

Thank you mark,
I have suggested them to upgrade, and will see if they decide to do so.

Thank you for the tips.