Printing Logo to PDF Custom Printer?

When I setup a hotel guest sign for bill and email receipt I didn’t like the pdf printer route as wasn’t reliable/consistent with generation times and didn’t want long delay to guarantee output.
What I did instead was setup a basic webapp/api on my website I setup for contactlesa guest checkin and made samba post a json array or ticket details which the website used to generate pdf with pdfdom framework and the website email to customer.
The advantage to this was all actions were positive ie, post to site, site processes and emails and returns response to samba.
So samba shows message to say it was emailed.
Was a bit of work but did work.
Just looked back and almost forgot, the actual signing bit is 2 step as they sign on their own device.
I did have a seccond flow for post pandemic where it uses the html oopup action to show the same page with esign on order tablet also.
But the email contains a pdf of the bill jig displayed on page.

1 Like