Printing orders to different bars depending on till location

sorry, Everythign runs off a network and all printers and terminals have static IP addresses.

I essntially have 2 sections to my restarant.
Section 1, Just a Bar
Section 2, Restaurant and Bar

Hence I would like the bar orders for each section to be printed at their respective bars.

Both sections share a kitchen so this is not an issue to set up, its mainly the bars.

And the bar orders are to come out of same printer as the receipts? or have you not done receipts yet?

I have done the receipts already, and yes the bar orders are to come out of the receipts printer

And the receipts print as expected, Till 1 ==> Printer 1, Till 2 ==> Printer 2?

have you got your bar order print template, Job and action setup yet?

Receipts print as expected yes.

I was using the kitchen order temple for the bar orders (i thought that just determined the layout of the ticket so it was the same)

Basically…

• Configure separate terminals for Till 1 & Till 2. Assign them through local settings. We’ll differ tills by terminal settings. See a sample here Tracking 2 Till Cash and Shifts
  • Create two print jobs like Print Orders to Till 1 & Print Orders to Till 2.
  • Configure Product <> Printer mappings for both print jobs.
  • Create two Execute Print Job actions for each till.
  • Create two Rules for each till and through rule mapping map rules to corresponding terminals.
  • Add both rules to Ticket Closing Event.

As you map rules to terminals only one of these rules will work. So when you receive orders on Till 1Print Orders to Till 1 print job will work.

Great OK so all you’ll need to do is use the ‘Ticket Printer’ or whatever you have called it.

Nice, did the same first time round myself :smile:

OK what you want to do is clone the Kitchen Print Job, change the mappings to the correct product groups and the printer to your receipt/ticket printer.

Clone the execute kitchen print job action and set it to use the drinks order print job.

Add the above action where needed which would depend on how much customization you have done (and am not at home PC atm) but the default kitchen print job action is on ticket closing if memory serves. Just add this new action in next to the kitchen job action.

1 Like

There is no need for the extra complication,
As the ‘Receipt Printer’ listing on each till is set to the nearest printer he can just map the print job to receipt printer :slight_smile:

I don’t think he prints receipts on bar. That’s why he said receipts prints fine.

That’s what I’m thinking.

We have two tills.

Two printers.

Two print jobs.

Each print job mapped to printers.

Created an action for each print job.

We have separate rules for each tills.

All Ticket Closing Rules mapped to specific terminals.

All rules executes related print jobs.

So all bar tills will send beverages to nearest connected printer and food to kitchen printer.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood question.

2 Likes

That’s how I understood it, but may have misunderstood.
Understand exactly what your suggesting and obviously it will work but as its Till1 → Printer 1 and Till 2 → Printer 2 it should be easier than that regardless of them being networked printers.

As Samba does not look for a specific printer/port it just refers to the Printer Name to which is has been assigned within windows.
Ideally it makes life allot easier if you can install your printers in windows with the same name to work with samba… not sure than makes sence.
So;
Say your printers are at IP Bar Printer 1= 192.168.1.101 and Bar Printer 2 = 192.168.1.102
Till 1 - Install Receipt Printer 1 (192.168.1.101) and call Receipt Printer
Till 2 - Install Receipt Printer 2 (192.168.1.102) and call Receipt Printer
If called the same name on both Samba will just look for ‘Receipt Printer’ on that machine, it wouldn’t search the network for 192.168.1.101 etc.

In the same way that normal receipt printer should be given the same name on all terminals as the printer setting is system wide for all terminals.

1 Like

Ahhh OK got your point. So we offered two different options. He can consider which one applies best.

2 Likes

okay, now I have another issue,

whenever I close the ticket, even if an item has already been submitted it get re printed to the kitchen and bar.

Also, on the print bill the orders get printed again and not the receipt…maybe its worth me just resetting all the print jobs are starting again?

At a guess without seeing some screenshots would imagine you have removed the state constraint on the print job action.

Yes you are right, I had forgotten to put that

okay, I need a little bit more help, managed to get the orders to print how I wanted, but in the process have managed to screw up the print bills buttons some how. going to try and include screen shots.

First thing I notice is you have wrong action in your print bill till 1 rule. You have the default print bill action but your screenshots clearly show you made one specific for till 1

Thank you for that, all is working perfectly now

1 Like

Hello,

I have some problems. This is the setup:

One server, 5 tills, 5 printers.
2 of the printers (Network, for Desserts and Kitchen) - This 2 working fine, the orders are going where they should be.
2 of the printers are linked on USB to the 2 tills (BAR)
Last printer is also linked to USB to other till.

Problem: all of them are linked to the server, what this means is that if I modify the path for the printers for only one printer, the same path goes on all of the till’s.
I want to print from Bar1 to Printer 1 and from Bar2 to Printer2. I tried with these tutorials, but no luck.

Can you help me with this things ?
Thanks

Your data sting has no relevance to printers.

How many print jobs do you have in your system?
3? Receipts, Kitchen & Deserts?
Kitchen and Desserts are networked and all working so thats great.

You say 5 tills but only 3 usb printers?
Are your two tills without usb printers meant to print receipts?