Printing orders to different bars depending on till location

Hello,

I have some problems. This is the setup:

One server, 5 tills, 5 printers.
2 of the printers (Network, for Desserts and Kitchen) - This 2 working fine, the orders are going where they should be.
2 of the printers are linked on USB to the 2 tills (BAR)
Last printer is also linked to USB to other till.

Problem: all of them are linked to the server, what this means is that if I modify the path for the printers for only one printer, the same path goes on all of the till’s.
I want to print from Bar1 to Printer 1 and from Bar2 to Printer2. I tried with these tutorials, but no luck.

Can you help me with this things ?
Thanks

Your data sting has no relevance to printers.

How many print jobs do you have in your system?
3? Receipts, Kitchen & Deserts?
Kitchen and Desserts are networked and all working so thats great.

You say 5 tills but only 3 usb printers?
Are your two tills without usb printers meant to print receipts?

I know in your setup that USB printers can be hard to setup as you are running basic from the server and not from the local till. Generally the USB printers can give you a headache if there are more tills connected to the main server. I have last changed my USB printers for Network printers and this is an easy way to go as you can assign the IP address of the printer. I know this is maybe not the answer were you are looking for, but for any future investment, purchase network printers.

Thnaks for reply,
They are both USB and Network. The idea is that I have no free ports left (Network RJ45), only one for the Till.
Thanks.

I have used many many USB printers with no issues.
let me know the aswers to below and will give you direction on how to setup.

6:

You say 5 tills but only 3 usb printers?
Yes, 5 till’s. 2 for the bar(each bar has it’s own printer-USB). 3rd till(Table till 1) has same as the bar, one USB printer, and last 2 till’s don’t need any printers, will be only for taking orders. The “Table till 1” above, prints for it’s own and for other 2 till’s(that they don’t have a printer attached.)

Are your two tills without usb printers meant to print receipts?
NO, see above answear.

Other info: I need to order Food + Dessert + Drinks from the bar, and from the other 3 till’s. And If I order from bar1 the receipt and bill to go on the printer1 and if I order from bar2 to print same as bar1. And also to print from Table till 1 receipts and bill’s from it’s own till plus the other 2(the ones that don’t have a printer.)

Thanks for your help.

NEW EDIT: Here are the printers:

Will have to have a good look at your screenshots in a bit when I get home.
Just a quick observation;
You have kitchen order items mapped in print orders to kitchen job and print orders to bar till 1?
Then you have * for all products printing to kitchen and bar printer 2?
That sounds odd to me.
Presume your are constraining things in the rules also.

I think you are over complicating the setup TBH.
Let me look through and come back with a simpler solution for you.

Can you just confirm i understand your hardware setup correctly?
Are you are also doing drinks orders prints to the bar printer (say Printer 1)?

[KITCHEN]
Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Deserts Printer (Networked)

[BAR TERMINAL 1]
Till 1
Printer 1 (USB)
PRINTS:
Kitchen --> Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Deserts --> Deserts Printer (Networked)
Receipts --> Printer 1

[BAR TERMINAL 2]
Till 2
Printer 2 (USB)
PRINTS:
Receipts --> Printer 2

[TABLE TILL]
Till 3
Printer 3 (USB)
PRINTS:
Receipts --> Printer 3

[ORDER TILL 1]
Till 4
NO PRINTER/CASH DRAWER
PRINTS:
Receipts --> N/A No Receipts

[ORDER TILL 2]
Till 5
NO PRINTER/CASH DRAWER
PRINTS:
Receipts --> N/A No Receipts

The setup for the TILL1 and TILL2 it’s made from Emre’s Tutorial above. So it’s exactly like that one. In “Print orders to Kitchen Printers” I have only The categories that I want to be sent to the kitchen. In Bar1 and Bar2 i need to order food + drinks.I think it’s over complicated, yes. :confused: .
Are you are also doing drinks orders prints to the bar printer (say Printer 1)?
Yes.

[KITCHEN]
Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Deserts Printer (Networked)

[BAR TERMINAL 1]
Till 1
Printer 1 (USB)
PRINTS:
Kitchen → Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Deserts → Deserts Printer (Networked)
Receipts → Printer 1

[BAR TERMINAL 2]
Till 2
Printer 2 (USB)
PRINTS:
Receipts → Printer 2

[TABLE TILL]
Till 3
Printer 3 (USB)
PRINTS:
Receipts → Printer 3
YES

[ORDER TILL 1]
Till 4
NO PRINTER/CASH DRAWER
PRINTS:
Receipts → N/A No Receipts

[ORDER TILL 2]
Till 5
NO PRINTER/CASH DRAWER
PRINTS:
Receipts → N/A No Receipts

For these 2 I need only to print orders to the kitchen, and bar. No BILLS. The manager on Till 3[TABLE TILL] will print bills for those 2, and also for it’s own.

Thanks.

Ok, I don’t want to go against emres recommendation but if I did this setup I would personally do it this way;

Print Jobs;
Kitchen Orders --> Mapped to appropriate departments Kitchen Template, Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Desert Orders --> Mapped to appropriate departments Kitchen Template, Dessert Printer (Networked)
For both of these (which you say you have working fine anyway) both Kitchen Printer (Networked) and Dessert Printer (Networked) would be installed as a networked printer on all machines and named exactly the same on all machines which looks like what you have already and is working.

Receipt Prints --> Ticket template - All products - (Ticket Printer)
Drawer Open --> Open Drawer template - (Ticket Printer)
The USB printers would be installed and setup on the 3 machines via USB and named ‘Ticket Printer’ - Samba refers to a printer name not specific printer so its regardless of what the actual printer installed on a particular machine is Samba will only really see what Windows calls it, so the local USB printer on each would be named identical and samba will only print to the local USB printer.
You would probably want to restrict this to the 3 tills actually with the printers either by mapping the rule which fires the print job action (might be tricky if it is part of another rule so you may want to split these actions to their own rules and map so they only fire on the Till 1, Till 2 and Order Till.
If you have not already I would also personally map the print bill and no sale (if you use) buttons to these tills also.

Bar Orders -->
Bar orders is a little more complex as the printer is local to one of the machines but networked (via windows share) to the others. This one may tale a little tinkering.
Personally rather than setup multiple print jobs/actions/rules and map them specific to a terminals given that all terminals will be wanting bar orders sent to the bar it seems counter productive. It makes sence for receipt printer when only selected terminals want that function but not if all want it.
What I would do is have a
Bar Orders Printer, associated print job and action setup on all machines mapped to all machines and only constrained by product group for drinks.
Then on the terminals I would setup a new printer an call it Bar Orders;
Till 1 (the more complex one) --> Add new printer, local, usb and select same drivers etc as your Receipt Printer.
This is my test printer here, I have duplicated the HP LaserJet as Copy 1 but you would name it Bar Orders.

You would then end up with 4 printers setup on that machine;

Receipt Printer               -->  USB Ticket Printer '1' (Local)
Kitchen Printer (Networked)   -->  Kitchen Printer (Networked)
Deserts Printer (Networked)   -->  Desserts Printer (Networked)
Bar Orders                    -->  USB Ticket Printer '1' (Local)

I would then share the ‘Bar Orders’ Printer and add this as a network/shared printer to the Order Till 1, Order Till 1 and maybe the Table Till (not sure if that’s your plan)

ALTHOUGH saying what I have above, are you having ‘Bar Orders’ rung in on Bar Tills printer?? Didnt ask that!

1 Like

Thank you for your time, now I am trying to delete my setup and do yours.

Hello,

I know that this post it’s a bit old… I wanted to ask you, for the above setup…I already did it, it’s ok for now, but the owner wants to split the orders again. Like so:
The bar orders to print on one printer(bar till 1), and the restaurant to another printer, also in the bar(bar till 2). Should I create another department for that or ?
thx

No creating a department is not the best solution. You should be able to do what you want with Print Job Mapping.

The Till’s nr. 2 printer it’s shared(it’s USB, and has 2 functions, one for the RECEIPT and the other, because I cloned it, for the Bar orders). I need the bar till 1 to get orders from the restaurant, and the bar till 2, from the bar.

So, any idea ?

hello again,

So, any idea ?

Could do with more constructive structure to your question.
If I remember right you have 2 bar tills, a table/orders till and a kitchen printer with 3 printers (one on each bar till and the kitchen printer) is that right?
What do you want to go where?

1 Like

Seems like you want to duplicate prints on two printers.

So do not change anything for current mappings. Create additional print job, map it to related printer as if it is an individual print and duplicate execute print job actions to duplicate prints.

I mean …

1. You’ll have two execute print job actions. You’ll execute both of them.
  2. First one will print bar items to bar 1 or restaurant items to restaurant printer. You already have that.
  3. Second one will print restaurant items to bar 2.
3 Likes