Printing whole check only if pizzas are on it

Is there a way to prevent tickets from printing unless there is a pizza on it? I’ve been asked to set a kitchen printer up like this so that the pizza chef only receives tickets when there has been a pizza ordered on it. The pizza chef wants to see the whole order on his ticket but does not wish to receive any tickets that do not contain a pizza.
I have looked at the ticket closing rule (below) and was wondering if some constraint against the ‘Execute Kitchen Orders Print Job’ action would suffice?

I guess I could then add another print job action to the ticket closing rule that could be used for the assembler station where they want all tickets?

What I am not sure of is the constraint.
I had a look through the forums but wasn’t able to find the solution to this specifically. It’s not something I’ve ever been asked to do before actually but I can understand why the guy wants it like this.

Easiest way would be to make a Print Job specific to Pizza(s) and add in the closing ticket rule. You can map other items to print on a different printer if they arent made in the Kitchen.

1 Like

I would probably create a ticket tag to flag tickets with pizza. Then constrain the print job with something like {TICKET TAG:PizzaOrder}==‘Yes’.

Here is some info on ticket tags.

You could also use order tags or states. It just depends what you’re used to. You could either have a button to flag the ticket or you could tie it to the menu item buttons.

Just use a custom product tag called Food Type and set it to Pizza for all your pizzas. Then use Food Type=Pizza in the product tag portion of the print job

No need to select multiple products. And it takes a few seconds to make the tag and set them in the products.

No additional automation either.

If going this direction I would just use '{GROUP CODE}' == 'Pizza' instead of making new tags and stuff.

True, I just wasn’t sure what will be available in the ticket closing rule. If you can do something with group code contains pizza that would be the best and simplest setup.

The question says printing whole ticket so print job mapping isn’t going to solve request.
As he implied a constraint is route to take.
Would need to use a report type expression to count qty of applicable orders.
Pretty sure there are some examples on forum of similar type of constraints.