QMX for SambaPOS ::: Cross-Platform Mobile Client

QMX is a suite of cross-platform mobile client “Modules” for SambaPOS including:

• POS
  • Customer Display
  • Kitchen / Bar Display
  • Report Viewer
  • Task Editor
  • Ticket Explorer
  • Timeclock

For more information, visit the QMX Website and the QMX Forum.

QMX 1.2.1 (2018-04-01)

:arrow_down: Download

• NEW:

• feature added to POS modules to Prompt for Price for open-priced (0-priced) Products (see Open-Priced Products)
  • FIXES:

• Payment Screen only checks Payment Type Mapping for Terminal, now checks Terminal, User Role, Department, Ticket Type (see Issue)

• POS modules not showing Portions on Order Tag Screen for Products which have no Order Tags (see Issue)

• POS modules giving 0-priced Products a Price of 1 (GraphQL bug), now properly using a Price of 0 (see Open-Priced Products)

QMX 1.2.0 (2018-03-17)

• PAYMENT SCREEN (new)

• REQUIRES SambaPOS 5.2.3+ (download)
    • Use POS Config to enablePayment
    • Supports Payment Types using Foreign Currencies for properly configured Currencies and Payment/Transaction/Account Types.
    • Switching display between Default and Foreign Currency Amounts.
    • Change Transactions in Foreign Currencies not supported, however, Change Amounts will be calculated and displayed in Default and Foreign Currencies.
    • Automation Commands mapped to Payment Screen can be used for certain operations. Tendered Amount will be passed as the [:CommandValue].
    • Calculation Selectors not operable. Workaround: use Automation Commands mapped to Payment Screen and Rules to fire Update Ticket Calculation action.
    • More Details: Payment Screen
  • QMX-Server can be installed as a Windows Service so that it is always running.

• Client Default Configurations can be set in QMX-Server. Allows quick QMX Client configuration by loading defaults from QMX-Server into the Client for Core Config and each Module Config (see Copy Client settings from Server).

• Default Currency Name and Symbol can be set in Core Config and is used in POS, Payment Screen, and Ticket Explorer.

• Number of Decimal places in Core Config unlocked for editing. Value is used throughout QMX, including Reports, Customer Display, POS, Payment Screen, Ticket Explorer, etc.

• POS Modules support images for Menu Categories and Menu Items (see POS Menu Images).

• POS Automation Commands can prompt for Input or display Choices (see Ticket / Order Commands).

• POS module buttons for Close Ticket, Clear Orders, Ticket Explorer, and Payment Screen now rendered as icon symbols instead of hard-coded english text.

• POS1 major UI improvements for devices smaller than iPad; now usable down to iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S5.

• Hiding Browser Address Bar on iOS.

• Change SQL Driver Extension from ODBC to SQLSRV, due to ODBC limitations.

• FIXES:

• minor bug in POS Module Order Tags due to illegal characters.
    • minor bug in Timeclock Module.
    • catch Core Config Default Terminal, Department, TicketType settings which do not exist
    • catch POS Config Entity Types which do not exist

QMX 1.1.0

• Key Management moved to QMX-Server.

• Key Registration in QMX Client simplified and automated.

• Client Logging. Toggle Log Screen using backtick key ( ` )

• Patch mechanism to facilitate quicker fix patch releases and smaller downloads.

• Client Modules can be toggled in/out of “fullscreen” using backslash key ( \ ), or by clicking in the bottom-right corner. This hides or shows the top NavBar.

QMX 1.0.4

• Client auto-configure for Message Server Port
  • improved DB detection and auto-configure (switching to alternate Databases is still possible)
  • much improved logging and display within QMX-Server interface …
    • color coding
    • multiple filters (comma-separated)
    • !exclude” filter … prefix word(s) with exclamation/not symbol ! (ie. !init will hide log lines containing the word “init” (initialization))
9 Likes

QMX Module Demos

POS (iPhone 6)

Kitchen and Bar Display

Customer Display (iPad)

4 Likes

Here is how to add QMX web app to your homescreen on iOS and Android

2 Likes

Seat Mode:
QMX will set Ticket Tag Name Current Seat and the rest of the process happen in SambaPOS. Detailed automation will be posted later.

It has nice and clean order list for the seat you are working on only and when exit seat mode all orders will show on ticket.
2017-10-17_19-08-52

5 Likes

QMX 1.0.4 (http://download.qmxcode.com/QMXsetup.exe)

• Client auto-configure for Message Server Port
  • improved DB detection and auto-configure (switching to alternate Databases is still possible)
  • much improved logging and display within QMX-Server interface …
    • color coding
    • multiple filters (comma-separated)
    • !exclude” filter … prefix word(s) with exclamation/not symbol ! (ie. !init will hide log lines containing the word “init” (initialization))

4 Likes

Am I correct that QMX for use in the venue(for waiters and such) rather than over the internet(that is for remote end user ordering)?

-QMX setup
-error msg appears upon running

-figure it is due to the SQL Server 2014 Express being outdated
-try to download SQL Server 2016 Express as suggested by QMcKay but MS seems to have deleted the link and force me to download the 2017. Anyone using the 2017? Any issue? Just want to be safe before upgrading to 2017.

Thanks

Q tested it and it works fine

2 Likes

The requirements are clearly outlined on the Download page. SQL 2016 is one of them.

And I don’t expect there to be any issues.

You can no longer download 2016, but if you search for 2016 SP1 there is a download for that. My suggestion would be to just go for 2017 instead.

Once you have upgraded, the other message at the top is saying you need to install the Configuration Task and then execute it in SambaPOS. There are installation instructions on the Website as well that explain this. Configuration Task(s) are installed via QMX-Server (the icon to the right of the DB icon), then they need to be executed in SambaPOS. Only 1 of the Tasks is required, while the others are optional.

3 Likes

Heads Up, site QMXCode.com seems to have been down.

Yes, thank you, resolving that now.

EDIT: back up!

qmxcode.com appears down again

Right now Q host it from his home and internet there is not stable he live on island :wink:

@QMcKay maybe you should do leave DNS, name server at domain registrar and route (A record) to server IP address.
maybe set A record
@, www to your home
www2 to other backup IP

BTW: forum server is working, you can go forum.customsolution.net

1 Like

HI @QMcKay if it helps I do have a server and am Happy to let you host your site from there at no cost. Let me know if you want to go ahead with it. More than happy to help.

Edit: Its not a dedicated server but I can have multiple websites hosted and more than happy for you to use it.

1 Like

@QMcKay HI mate seems to be the forum is down again.

1 Like

I can personally attest to the AWESOME power of this creation. It is driving my entire store (a much earlier display) and I have integrated a few things like CC processing. It’s freakin incredible, takes SambaPOS 5 to the next level.

2 Likes

Hi,
I did not receive email to confirm registration on GMX forum. SO i post this issue here.
when i login, the user validating is not finish.

I click on Main menu and POS1 button then got this issue
test
The database is compatible-level 130 with QMX

The client is not meant to be run within the QMX-Server interface. You should copy the client URL (ie. http://192.168.0.2:3000/QMX/ or http://192.168.0.2:3000/QMX/ and paste it into the Address Bar of your Browser (Chrome, FF, etc). I will change that in next release so clicking on those links is not allowed. In any case…

Is the name of your Server computer actually really “ADMIN”? Just curious.

If USER Validation does not finish, nothing will work properly. So we need to try to figure out why the PIN validation is not working.

Did you install and execute the “Main” Configuration Task in SambaPOS and then restart the Message Server Service (or restart the Server computer)?

Show this Report “QMX User Module Permissions” in SambaPOS …

In QMX-Server, go to the Logger section, remove the Limit, hit Refresh, then copy and paste the log content here in the forum (or copy/paste the content of file C:\QMX\qmxlog.txt) …

2017-11-03 07:44:02.960 [GETDATA] [MessageServerConfig] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:15.067 [GETDATA] [MessageServerConfig] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:28.547 [GETDATA] [Users] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:28.547 [SQL] Connecting [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:28.567 [SQL] Connected [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] handle[Resource id #43].
2017-11-03 07:44:28.577 [SQL] Fetched [Users] records[11].
2017-11-03 07:44:32.854 [GETDATA] [Departments] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:32.854 [SQL] Connecting [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:32.874 [SQL] Connected [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] handle[Resource id #43].
2017-11-03 07:44:32.885 [SQL] Fetched [Departments] records[2].
2017-11-03 07:44:33.085 [GETDATA] [Terminals] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:33.086 [SQL] Connecting [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:33.106 [SQL] Connected [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] handle[Resource id #43].
2017-11-03 07:44:33.118 [SQL] Fetched [Terminals] records[3].
2017-11-03 07:44:33.425 [GETDATA] [Workperiod Status] parms[] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:33.425 [SQL] Connecting [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] ...
2017-11-03 07:44:33.446 [SQL] Connected [DRIVER={ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server};SERVER=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;DATABASE=SambaPOS5;] user[sambapos] handle[Resource id #43].
2017-11-03 07:44:33.450 [SQL] Fetched [Workperiod Status] records[1].

Check the content of the DB configuration file:

C:\QMX\www\zconfigs\config_db.php

… and change the Driver to see if that works:

$db_driver = '{ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server}';

Thanks for your rely,
I have run config task and restart message server… already.
my computer name is admin @@
After run in Chrome

The User module permission report

Also change db_config already:

I also reinstall QMX, but it is not work.

qmxlog.zip (179.8 KB)
The file too large to paste. I get 500 error when try to paste content here @@