QMX is a suite of cross-platform mobile client “Modules” for SambaPOS including:
- Customer Display
- Kitchen / Bar Display
- Report Viewer
- Task Editor
- Ticket Explorer
QMX 1.2.1 (2018-04-01)
- feature added to POS modules to Prompt for Price for open-priced (0-priced) Products (see Open-Priced Products)
Payment Screen only checks Payment Type Mapping for Terminal, now checks Terminal, User Role, Department, Ticket Type (see Issue)
POS modules not showing Portions on Order Tag Screen for Products which have no Order Tags (see Issue)
POS modules giving 0-priced Products a Price of
1(GraphQL bug), now properly using a Price of
0(see Open-Priced Products)
QMX 1.2.0 (2018-03-17)
PAYMENT SCREEN (new)
- REQUIRES SambaPOS 5.2.3+ (download)
- Use POS Config to
- Supports Payment Types using Foreign Currencies for properly configured Currencies and Payment/Transaction/Account Types.
- Switching display between Default and Foreign Currency Amounts.
- Change Transactions in Foreign Currencies not supported, however, Change Amounts will be calculated and displayed in Default and Foreign Currencies.
- Automation Commands mapped to Payment Screen can be used for certain operations.
Tendered Amountwill be passed as the
- Calculation Selectors not operable. Workaround: use Automation Commands mapped to Payment Screen and Rules to fire
Update Ticket Calculationaction.
- More Details: Payment Screen
QMX-Server can be installed as a Windows Service so that it is always running.
Client Default Configurations can be set in QMX-Server. Allows quick QMX Client configuration by loading defaults from QMX-Server into the Client for Core Config and each Module Config (see Copy Client settings from Server).
Default Currency Name and Symbol can be set in Core Config and is used in POS, Payment Screen, and Ticket Explorer.
Number of Decimal places in Core Config unlocked for editing. Value is used throughout QMX, including Reports, Customer Display, POS, Payment Screen, Ticket Explorer, etc.
POS Modules support images for Menu Categories and Menu Items (see POS Menu Images).
POS Automation Commands can prompt for Input or display Choices (see Ticket / Order Commands).
POS module buttons for Close Ticket, Clear Orders, Ticket Explorer, and Payment Screen now rendered as icon symbols instead of hard-coded english text.
POS1 major UI improvements for devices smaller than iPad; now usable down to iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S5.
Hiding Browser Address Bar on iOS.
Change SQL Driver Extension from ODBC to SQLSRV, due to ODBC limitations.
- minor bug in POS Module Order Tags due to illegal characters.
- minor bug in Timeclock Module.
- catch Core Config Default Terminal, Department, TicketType settings which do not exist
- catch POS Config Entity Types which do not exist
Key Management moved to QMX-Server.
Key Registration in QMX Client simplified and automated.
Client Logging. Toggle Log Screen using backtick key (
Patch mechanism to facilitate quicker fix patch releases and smaller downloads.
Client Modules can be toggled in/out of “fullscreen” using backslash key (
\), or by clicking in the bottom-right corner. This hides or shows the top NavBar.
- Client auto-configure for Message Server Port
- improved DB detection and auto-configure (switching to alternate Databases is still possible)
- much improved logging and display within QMX-Server interface …
- color coding
- multiple filters (comma-separated)
!exclude” filter … prefix word(s) with exclamation/not symbol
!initwill hide log lines containing the word “