Receipt Print Error

Hi

Ive been playing with the ticket template layout and i dont know what i have changed but now when i process a sale i get the following error message

i dont know what value is null, i cant see the error ive uploaded my template, cant anyone see my error? the last thing i remember changing was {TICKET NO} TO {TICKET ID} but i have receipts that do show ticker ID now so i dont knwo what ive done

thanks
Rick

ticket template.pdf (39.4 KB)

<XCT>27,112,0,25,250
<EC>
<XCT>29,40,76,6,0,48,69,48,48,1,1
<EL>
[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<F>
<EB>
<T>SALES RECEIPT
<F>
<F>
<DB>
<EB>
<C21> ORDER {TICKET ID}
<DB>
<F>
<F>-
Qty Item Description Price
<F>-
<F>
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<F>
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Promotion:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
<F>
{PAYMENTS}
[<L00>Card Type: {TICKET TAG:Credit Card Type}]
[<L00>Card Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX {TICKET TAG:Credit Card Digits}]
<F>=
<J10>Change:|{CHANGE TOTAL}
<F>=
<F>
<F>
<C11>THANK YOU
<F>
<F>
<C00>Date:{TICKET DATE} Time:{TIME} Served By:{USER NAME}
{ENTITIES}
<F>
<F>
<DB>
<F>
<F>
<EC>
<BAR>{TICKET ID}
<EL>
[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}
[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}
[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}
<J00> {TICKET TAG:Think21}
[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**FREE ITEM**
{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines
[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}
[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}
[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

Is this the only Printer and Template that you have or do you have others defined?

Tracking down the cause of the error may not be simple since we don’t know which Tag is producing the error. Start Commenting out lines until you find the offending Tag.

I sorted it, it was to do with {TICKET ID}, my original print rule was set for payment processed but {TICKET ID} is not available until ticket is closed so the value was null when my receipt was trying to print

Ive just read a post by kendash and emre where i need to setup an autoprint rule so receipt prints after ticket is closed to allow the {TICKET ID} value to be used. This works perfect now, except i need to work out how to print different receipts for different tenders

Rick you need to setup different autoprint states when payment processed by specific payment type and then read that to print on ticket closed. Remember the system we are using is a State Change and it is reading the state to determine what to print and when.

Could you talk me through setting this up for card payment then i can duplicate for others? How do i make the example used in this topic specific for just cash? at moment it prints for every tender type, i understand its because they need different autoprint states, how do i change the autoprint state in the example in this post to be autoprint cash state? if you could show me that i can duplicate and change autoprint state to card etc

EDIT - sorry when i said this post i meant the one in which emre helped you with this setup (i thought we were in that post, sorry)

i followed that post, i just need to be shown how to make the autoprints state for cash , card etc rather than printing for all

Change Autoprint State to Cash on Payment Processed using the custom constraint for that specific Payment Type Name Equals Cash. Make a Ticket Closed rule and have it print the cash receipt if custom constraint {TICKET STATE:Autoprint} Equals Cash

Follow this same method for each of the other payment types.

this is my payment processed rule

this is my ticket closed rule

im obviously doing something wrong as the receipt still prints if i use card tender

Have you defined the state to change to Card yet? Or is it changing all of it to just Cash. Also you have Print Receipt in both rules? Which one is changing the State and why are State Change action and Print Receipt action named the same?

i figured it out!! thanks for your help as always, greatly appreciated!!

There was a number of things i hadnt done right, and ive kept playing about with it and trying to logical follow it all through and eventually i did it!! Well it seems to be working haha!!

2 Likes