Refund Ticket/Orders Setup help

I’m working on a Refund Ticket setup that I hope to do a tutorial for in the future (after extensive testing) What it does is, copy marked items from a regular sale ticket to a refund ticket, reversing the sale price. Here is a sneak-peek of the workflow:

Samba.Presentation_ZR29JEp2nm

I still have quite-a-bit of work to do before it is finished. I still need to do:

• Copy over Order Tags (Quantity, name & Price)
  • Ticket Calculations
  • Refund Accounts/Accounting
  • Report(s)
  • Button on original ticket to jump to Refund Ticket(s)
  • Printer Template

My next task I want to accomplish is to copy over the Order Tags and put them the Order Tag Json field of the Add Order action. I think Order Tag Json is the way to go using a script (I may be wrong about this approach). However I have very limited knowledge about scripts. I’m asking if anybody would be willing to write a script. The script would have to reverse the Order Tag price ({price}*-1). If anybody would like to take on the this task, please PM me and I will send the db.

I’m entering into my busy season which is limiting my free time, any help is greatly appreciated.

If anybody would like to try any task from the above list, please feel free to let me know. Again I will send the db for you to work on.

Or if anybody has a feature that they think that should be included, please leave a comment.

Cheers,
Bob

3 Likes

Interesting. I built a flow like this in v4 years ago. I’ll be curious to follow this

1 Like

How does it affect Sales, Receivables and Cash accounts?

From what I understand there should be a new account created for Refunds (contra-revenue account). It should not effect sales directly, but rather would have to be subtracted from sales (Gross).

I’m not sure how Receivables would be affected.

Right now Refunds work as they should with the payment accounts. Refunds credits Cash (when using cash).

I’m not sure how intergraded Credit Card would process the negative amount. Maybe @Jesse could shed some insight.

– Edit –

The only thing that happens with the original ticket, is a new state is applied to the order. Qty, price, normal states, payments & ticket date are not changed. On the Refund ticket, I have it setup to give the refund orders GStatus a Refund state.

We are building a refund system you may want to wait for that. You can’t process a negative amount. It requires refund or void functions from the integration api. We will have. New system for this soon.

Good to know. It will be a little while before I get everything figured out for the refund setup.

A post was split to a new topic: Help with credit card refund