Remove Rounding if Payment type Credit Card

So you were typing exact amount? If i press All and then press button it works.

ya i was entering exact amount should there be constraint for this

It still rounds for me even if I type exact amount. Look at my screenshots make sure you didnt miss anything.

Ok I see what your saying. We need to add the Round up and Round down calculations both to the payment type.

So you still need Round up and Round down calculation types and apropriate accounting/Transaction types. Just add another payment processor for the Round Down calculation.

i have checked with your setting also it still doesnt do roundup if i tendered exact amount although rounding up is due. this wont happen if i use fast cash button since a change is always due. got my point!!!

if i entered exact amount in charged it just charge me with exact amount

Hmm I am testing with v5. Your in v4… try it in v5. I thought we invited you to v5? If I remember right this was fixed in v5.

ya you have but havent started to work on v5 yet

You can transfer your database to v5 and not destroy the v4 database I put instructions inside the main welcome thread for v5 beta. It will keep your v4 database and you can use v4 or v5 at same time even if you wanted.

This method will work with v5 but not v4. There was an issue with rounding in v4 that is fixed in v5 and since v4 will get no more updates its best you switch to v5.

so u mean if i have v5 i can use v4 db correct
and will be able to use v5 features on v4 db

No what I am saying if you read the thread in beta forums, the welcome thread, it has a link to a tutorial I made that shows you how to basically copy your v4 database convert it to a new v5 database and keeps your v4 database in tact. You will have 2 versions of your database one for v4 and one for v5.

It uses the Database Backups module which is now built into v5…

Its a shame you havnt read that yet you could have been taking advantage of v5 ahead of everyone else. V5 is extremely stable and offers way more functionality and stability than v4.

actually i did try v5 but thought of waiting till you release the v5 for public
and i have read the tutorial to guide for db transfer

There is no reason to wait if you have the ability to use it now go ahead. We invited people that we thought would use it and help us understand how to develop new features etc… we didnt invite you to test out bugs. The v4 functionality in v5 is stable and has been for a very long time. @emre was adding new features to it which needed some testing… but if you didnt need the new feature then you didnt have to use it.

What I am saying is its safe to upgrade to v5 and your v4 setup should work fine. If there are any issues they have been fixed and addressed a long time ago. Just follow the quick tutorial I wrote on copying the database and you will be fine.

actually i had to deliver it to customer so thought of sticking to v4 till the time you announce

yes sir i will do that asap :slight_smile:

one more thing are you using a separate print template for credit payment. as your template layout have below statement

<J10>| {TICKET TAG:CCtype} {PAYMENT NAME} Tend|     {TENDERED TOTAL}

i try to use this syntax also but it fails if i settle payment with CC and Cash together like if i pay 5 from cash 15 from CC where total bill is 20

MasterVisa Cash 5
MasterVisa CC 10
and i dont want it this way. it should be like this
Cash 5
MasterVisa 10

My entire system is built different so it wouldnt work like you want. With my system if a payment was made by credit card it prints a credit card receipt. If payment made by Cash it prints a Cash receipt. I do not allow mixed payment types in my restaurant. So my example would not work for you. But that doesnt mean you cant come up with a system that does work for you.

for a start you probably would want to just get rid of {PAYMENT NAME} and {TENDERED TOTAL} tags and come up with something more hard coded.

this is what i have:

{PAYMENTS}
[{TICKET TAG:CCtype}]

[PAYMENTS]
{PAYMENT NAME}: ${PAYMENT AMOUNT}

result:
Cash 5
CC 10
MasterVisa

but not what i desired i have tried to play around but couldnt come up with better result and i want somehting
Cash 5
MasterVisa 10

You could try something like this:

[PAYMENTS]
<J10>| [{TICKET TAG:CCtype}] {PAYMENT NAME} Tend|     {TENDERED TOTAL}

Not sure if that works or not.

i have tried but didnt work… [{TICKET TAG:CCtype}] result
DINERS Cash: $4.00
DINERS Credit Card: $6.59

Thats what I figured. You may need to do something else for this other than ticket tags.

@emre I was thinking if we had a way to add a payment processor that can modify the template for what displays for the Payment Type. Example if we setup Credit Card payment Type and add a processor that can template the {PAYMENT NAME} to be whatever we choose… kind of like how validation buttons work now. I mean what if it popped up a validation asking what type of Credit Card which is really just validation buttons and when we choose one it passes that name as a template so we can show {PAYMENT NAME} as that template instead of just Credit Card.

I know that exact flow may not be correct but I hope it sparked an idea. While I think its great idea how @QMcKay developed the ticket tag method, I never really liked using it. I feel like we should have a way to do it without having to use tags.

1 Like