Reopen Closed Ticket - Not Enabled (mapping looks fine)

I’ve never seen a technical manual on POS systems. I have seen one for old cash registers.

We are a POS system not a development platform.

Anyway it’s obvious you want something specific for your planned use case. I will stop here. I think your wanting to use Sambapos as a development platform. That’s great and may be possible. We are a restaurant POS and we will focus on our core market. I don’t think having a super technical manual serves our core. We need how to guides and simple tutorials and trainings which is what we are focusing on and will continue to do.

I’m sure you will agree that SambaPOS is unlike any other. It is because of Emre’s genius idea to provide such a level of abstraction that it is similar to a generic development framework.

Do you want to justify not having professional quality documentation?
or can we move beyond these limiting beliefs?

@Jesse I’m very happy regardless of this thread. I appreciate the quality of the forum and the active userbase. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

btw what i am suggesting has nothing to do with using SP for anything other than restaurant and retail POS. That market is worth billions of $ and there are new opportunities created because of a rapidly changing tech in many related fields such as payment types, supply chain integrations, etc.

it’s obvious you want something specific for your planned use case

Nothing related at all

EDIT: in fact what i am suggesting isn’t much related to my personal needs because I already spent 3 years learning how the whole system works, including deeper analysis using custom made automation tracing tools, automation management tools, widget management, etc. (which btw have revealed some deeper technical issues related to real time concurrency, atomic transactional logic issues, which can explain some of the weirdness other devs have experienced. this is obviously a topic for another thread).

My point is that I am not trying to satisfy personally needs here, but trying to help others avoid such an arduous learning curve and help SP reach a larger user base.

We have good professional documentation. It’s not perfect we work constantly to improve it.

It’s a major problem if you believe you already have it and therefore there is no need to make it!!!

I’m having a hard time with this discussion. I never said that and this is twice your trying to paint a picture about us. Why? What are you wanting?

I am wanting to help you know how make SP into a more ubiquitous POS product. (and we can all benefit from that)

That’s great. Thank you.

Am I missing something but this is converted on forum.
Is an old v4 tutorial but still applies.

Sorry dont mean to respark anything…