REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:x use of .Sum

Hi Emre -

Reviewing this Template syntax I discovered it is not implemented for this type of usage?

[Customer Balances:1,2,3, 1]
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Name,EC.Full Name,EC.Address,E.Balance.Sum;0.00;-0.00;0.00:(ET=Customers) && E.AccountId>0:{0}|{1}|{2}|${3}::$4>0:}
>> TOTAL||| {REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Balance.Sum;0.00;-0.00;0.00:(ET=Customers) && E.AccountId>0:${0}::$1>0:}

Basically E.Balance.Sum seems to not like $1 place marker using syntax $1 > 0 or $ < 0?

RESULTS:

The thing why I have stated this is an issue is because:
$1!=0
Seems to work?

>> TOTAL||| {REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Balance.Sum;0.00;-0.00;0.00:(ET=Customers) && E.AccountId>0:${0}::$1!=0:}

I only wish to show Customers TOTAL of CREDIT BALANCES? (or Total of Debit).
Can only assume a CHAR value is returned and that’s why != works?

Sorry @emre have edited pictures to give a better idea of the problem.

Thank you for clarification now I understand the issue. That expression will mean to display value if whole sum is greater than zero. Not individual account balances.

Try reading it with Accounting tags something like {ACCOUNT CREDIT TOTAL:Customer Accounts}

That is not working @emre as I assume it only gives any DEBIT TRANSACTIONS for the Work Period? How do you get a TOTAL VALUE of all Accounts in DEBIT? (or in CREDIT only).

Syntax:

[Customer Debit Balances:1,2,3, 1]
{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Name,EC.Full Name,EC.Address,E.Balance.Sum;0.00;-0.00;0.00:(ET=Customers) && E.AccountId>0:{0}|{1}|{2}|${3}::$4>0:}
>> TOTAL||| {ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:Customer Accounts}

This is not an issue, expression works as expected. I added these tags for next update.

{ACCOUNT TYPE BALANCE:X}
{ACCOUNT TYPE DEBIT BALANCE:X}
{ACCOUNT TYPE CREDIT BALANCE:X}

X works like other account tag expressions.

2 Likes

Thank you @emre for your consideration.

I have a general question as far as creating REPORT TOTALS.
How do you then create Report Total for Reports where you have selected partial data by use of a Filter?

Kendash has shown me 1 method - using a Table Comand #. Is there another method say for instance I use an expression to print an Entity Range 1000 - 2000 and wanted a total for REPORT TOTAL as this range may include Debits & Credits?

There is not syntax to do what you asked this is why he gave us table view. You can create specific tags with .sum that works for most cases but for what your asking it would probably need SQL which can be done now.

I appreciate this point being clarified and I will not look any further, thanks.