Reservation Setup Beta

Thankyou that so kind i will test it and let you know in case i have issues ,this will also serve as a way to reserve rooms in small bed and breakfast kind of hotel.

1 Like

Just realised on creating a booking customer is not automatically added to the customer table. So past reservations cant be accessed to see customer history. Also if a customer calls back to cancel no provision found for cancelling the booking.

found another bug. Booking can be entered in the past dates.

Edit:

No of pax accepts a negative value.

1 Like

To cancel you mark as no show. You could copy that and name it cancel

1 Like

Yes, These are considered as reservation contacts. That might be an agent or person. We need to discuss if we should consider reservation contacts as customers automatically or implement some other workflow.

That will have separate report probably. Based on {REPORT TASK DETAILS}

In fact these are different things but I didn’t implemented separate functions for Cancel and No-show as I’m not sure if it is necessary or not. As @Jesse suggested you can rename button as how customer wants to see.

Yes we’ll probably need a separate validation for editor widgets.

Hmm, maybe we’ll also need min max settings as it will also accept 999999 person. I’m trying to keep widget settings simple but … hmm :slight_smile:

I personally think customer flow should stay as is. If someone needs a different implementation nothing stops them from modifying it to their needs.

Using the light theme makes some of the text on Reservation screen and Reservation Ticket hard to read.

Here is the Reservation Ticket.

What is strange about the above image is the “Deposit” item is black font.

And just to confirm that it isn’t a text formatting setting, here is a normal POS screen:

I am also unable to enter Order Tags screen for items on the “Reservation Tickets”. The default Order Tags I have assigned to menu items do show up on the order line.

On a side note, I vote to have contacts entered in as customers. It would save time entering info for repeat customers.

The ticket screen order colors are more than likely state formatting. The font color on the reservation screen can be edited by editing the widget settings. Each one is a label widget.

Example change this to black or some other color… but you might want to look at it to make sure you want to do that. I am sure there was a reason he set this to a White color… you might want to match the reason with an appropriate color for light theme.

All of that you can modify for light theme.

Thanks kendash, I can confirm if I change the ‘color white’ to ‘color black’. It does show up correct. However if I clear all the format fields in “Reservation Item” state, it still shows up as white text. I’m not sure is a bug or by design. Again, this is just in the “Reservation Ticket” not in the normal POS screen.

Another observation, when closing a Reservation Ticket, would it be more convenient to go back to the Reservations screen? As of now, it go to the POS screen.

1 Like

You can make it do that. This is really not a built in feature. You have control to modify it to your needs.

1 Like

Thanks kendash, I just making a few suggestions, from an end user, to prevent repeat questions and frustrations. :wink:

1 Like

What he demonstrated was really a new feature that allowed us to build a reservation system. We can modify it to our own needs. Not everyone will want the same system.

Likely you need to log out and log back in for that to take affect or create a new ticket.

1 Like

I have the beta version but when i do the update action, wont update the list of tasks

Click on edit tasks… Delete all the tasks… Save it. Go back and press Update.

Show what version your running too please. There have been multiple versions of the same beta release.

Be sure your using English translation too.

1 Like

Thank you, it was my version of beta now i have 120 version in red bg

1 Like

Remember beta version expires… the 120 means days left. So do not use it in production.

Love the new reservation setup. :sunglasses:

Changed it to suit my needs using a custom entity screen.
My work flow does not require the table selection (nice feature though) and I added a custom keyboard so staff can easily input the info.
Also added a button to print a list of bookings for the current work period out so the kitchen know how many are booked in and when.

However I have noticed that the Pax does not update if changed on my screen.
I can create the reservation and the other fields will update if changed and saved, this maybe due to my setup but - or I may have inadvertently changed something on the report viewer by accident.

Cant check on a base database until tomorrow.

2 Likes

Great Setup. Wish someone suggested to use Cover instead of Pax. It better suits to our case. Maybe I’ll do it on second version of Reservation Setup.

This is probably because of renaming Pax. Review all “Update Task” actions to ensure all custom field names are correct.

1 Like

+1 to that, didn’t think about it before but since mentioned it makes sense. Did something like that before on my setups, called it “Guest Count” or “Person Count” when actually “Covers” is more commonly used :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Covers is what we use for our references to people on tables etc.

I need to add one more digit to the telephone number, somehow its one digit short for UK numbers, any ideas where I need to make these changes? Thanks