[Resolved] Custom Keypad decimal point doesnt work

@ kendash

could you check i am doing this right, you helped me with the decimal point being automatically inserted when typing a price when using the price change button. Currently it is set for 4 digits so if discounting less than 9.99 i need a leading zero e.g.0999 gives 9.99. This is absolutely fine and works greats

however with the new update to the keypad i want to change the setting so the keypad can type the decimal instead, cutting out the need to enter 4 digits for a 3 digit price. Ive tried the changes and can get the decimal point to show on the keypad but it doesnt actually work, pressing it has no effect at all.

This is my original setting that you helped me with the works great
[?Enter Discount Amount (4 digits);\d{1}.\d(2)|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|[0];;N]

This is what i tried changing it to
[?Enter Discount Amount;\d{1}\d(2)|\d{1}\d{1}?\d{2}|[0];;N;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|0,48,0|8,46,13]

The keypad rows all show but decimal button doesnt work, i also took out the .\ in the first equation so the decimal doesnt automatically populate when typing in the keypad

Have you any ideas how to remove the decimal from the data string and make the decimal button on the keypad work instead?

Hmm… You’re right. As Keyboard location for point and comma changes for other languages we should handle them differently. For now use 190 for your test. It will appear as 3/4 key but work fine for next update.

hi @emre
i tried changing to 190 and 3/4 shows on the keypad but still has no effect, pressing that button doesnt do anything. its not urgent ill leave my settings as it is an update it in next version what youve done the fix

$ and % also not working

@RickH your second template is not right as it seems won’t accept .. Please test first if pressing . on physical keyboard works or not.

@sukasem what you’ll do with $ ?

@emre using the physical keybaord the decimal still does not work

Rick on my system using the physical keyboard decimal does work. So something is wrong with your expression. Also adding 190 worked just fine for me.

@RickH Try

[?Enter Discount; \d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|0;;N;55,56,57|52,53,54|49,50,51|48,190,13]

All in one discount by order tag.
Type $ for amount. % doesn’t matter. Default is % but I need $ for discount by amount

@sukasem did you see this?

try [?Enter Discount; \d{2}%|\d{1}\d{1}?\.\d{2}$;;ON]

:bangbang: There is a space after Discount;

The way it works… if you press a space first then the 2 numbers it will display XX% if you do not press space and just type your numbers it will display XX.XX$

I know its not ideal but it would work until you can get the custom keyboard to work. Just add ascii code 32 to include spacebar in the custom keyboard. It works I just confirmed it.

1 Like

Brill @Jesse thatll work great now untill next update. The only issue is the expression before allowed you to type 0 and it would remove the discount. On your new one that works with the decimal as the 3/4 button pressing 0 no longer removes the discount. Ive had a play but cant get it to work any ideas?

It still has the zero I just took the brackets off. They were redundant.

when pressing zero on the keypad nothing happens, the keypad disappears but the discount isnt removed

That may be issue with your rule then. I’m not at computer to test I’m out of town for a meeting.

Double check the ascii make sure its for zero and not O

yes its definately zero, 48

im wondering if it happened when updating to version .62

Try without custom does it work? This may be a similar issue as decimal. I am pretty sure mine worked however.

same issue, i havent changed anything else other than the expression so i dont know why its stopped working

worked it out kind of, if i type 0000 it takes discount off, just typing 1x0 does not work any ideas how to make it work by just typing 0

It works on mine. Double check your expression. Make sure |0 is in it

Will do just popped to shop

Another quick question using the setup for price change button should typing 0 remove the price change as it does with discount or is it not setup that wa as it doesnt have the extra rules that the discount buttons have?

Ive removed the 0 from my price change expression so the lowest a price can be changed to is 0.01 as entering zero show the item on the ticket with - where the price would be and since the gift function sets the item as free there was no need to do a prove change to zero