[Resolved] Custom Reports Module: Deleting Custom Reports

Yes, please listen to what your told, you have @Jesse (a samba pro) and myself telling you exactly what you need to do to achieve exactly what your asking but your not listening.

1 Like

If you wanted to start fresh you would have to delete the database and it’s tables and them when you run next time it will recreate the database and tables fresh.
By fresh I mean back completely to defult, settings, rules, actions etc.
To clear sales data just do as we have to you.

@Ali I think we may not be on the same page. Are you wanting to clear all sales and start over fresh?

Yes @Jesse this is just i want :frowning:

Sorry @Jesse, i dont think that is clear enough definition for @Ali

@Ali sales data is whats showing in the report, to start fresh would generally mean as when Samba was installed (default settings).
If you have spent time setting up samba to your needs and just want to clear the ‘test sales’ all you want to do is clear the transactions. Clearing transactions will keep any custom settings you have made in samba.
‘Starting fresh’ would be to clear EVERYTHING. Any rules, entities, printer templates etc will go back to how they were when you first installed.
Please understand the difference.

TO CLEAR SALES DATA BUT KEEP SETTINGS
Do as said above - clear database transactions using the database tools module.

TO START FRESH - CLEAR ALL DATA & SETTINGS AS IT WAS WHEN INSTALLED FIRST TIME
Are you using SQL or CE database?
If you take samba out of full screen mode by double clicking on the logo in top left while signed in as admin it should have a suffix of the database type in the title. (either SQ or CE will show)

If SQL you can either use SQL managment tool to delete the database and samba will recreate a fresh one or you can change the database name in the data connection string in local settings. the second will start a second database rather than delete the existing but an option if your not familier with SQL management tool.

If CE eddition just delete the database file in the Samba folder in my documents, its a ‘.sdf’ file I think or similar.

Either of these will give you a completely fresh Samba like when you first installed it, all sales as well as settings will be ‘reset’ - this is not just clearing the report values, and custom rules, actions and printer templates etc will also be lost.

1 Like

That not good then other POS system have a back door to edit or delete the reports. hope samba pos can do that in future

Not sure what your referring too. Can you clarify?

Your comment is a little vague, the custom reports module (which is what this topic was about) allows you to make your own custom reports and edit them and I believe in v5 even the default work period report becomes an editable report.

If your following on from the more recent posts where I think there was some confusion between the report and the sales data within the report, no good software should allow an easy way to manipulate sales data as it’s counter productive to the purpose of a till system.

Other pos program allows you to edit your reports make changers, to void tax. For me i like to delete my report after printing it i dont want to leave a trace of it on the computer its my personal stuff.

SambaPOS reports are not stored they are generated.

Sounds strange if your worried about a report
 shouldnt you be worried about your actual data? In business reports of your business are not personal

nothing strange about it. i have many customer want to void sale or edit there sale and leave no trace behind in the report

What does it matter to customer if it shows a void in a report? Reports are for you and not customers. Again reports in SambaPOS are not stored they are generated
you tell it exactly what to show in reports and its generated live its not stored. So if you dont want it in the report then dont put it in the report.

You may want to study how databases work specifically SQL it might enlighten you.

1 Like

Void a sale, leave no trace

If you didn’t select a customer entity the sale would be anonymous anyway, even if you didn’t the standard reports wouldn’t show individual customer sales or voids!!

Sounds to me like you want to hide something from someone particular, someone official who would want to check and see how much money your making

I mean a request to VOID TAX?
Can you elaborate on a respectable legitimate reason that you need to do that on finalised data of paid bills.
If the tax is incorrect you obviously need to change your setup to make sure it is calculated correctly in the first place.

A respectable software shouldn’t allow you to easily just delete sales data which which have been finalised/paid and cashed off.
That’s what REFUD is for, to add a negative to go against a positive income.
Standard legitimate practice for accounting is that you display the in and the out and not just delete the in!

If it’s confidential you either ensure reports are anonymous or don’t record customer details.

As @Jesse says anyway deleting a report means nothing, the data is still there in your database. You need to clear database not report as report is just what it is a report to display the database data in a consolidated manor.

All that said if you did need to edit a sale or void your tax as you say you can in theory edit the transaction table in the database if you have access to it.

A report is a time based snapshot of your data. You can store or delete snapshots. That does not change data unless you modify your data.

Some people requests to delete or decrease sales by percent. There might be various reasons for that but we’ll never offer a method for altering historical sales data. Some people suggests it is legal or a requirement in their country or offers payment for that feature. We won’t do it. If other competitor of ours supports that, then simply use it

Also we don’t care what you do with your data. SambaPOS has enough automation features to execute some SQL task periodically. You can implement your own solution for your business. Or hire someone (outside here) to do it for you.