[Resolved] Custom Reports Module: Deleting Custom Reports

EDIT: When Version 5 releases this will no longer be an issue therefore I am marking it as resolved.

So there is currently not a delete button to delete a custom report, you have to edit the report and clear out any data you entered and then save it… I found 1 bug and it is now crashing every time I try to open the module. I cleared a report out to delete it, I had the Append to End of Day report set at 100… I deleted the zeros but accidentally left the 1 and now Samba crashes every time I try to load the reports. I cannot view any of them.

I would suggest a delete report button and maybe separate the add report and put both buttons in plain view. Also it crashing samba because it finds a 1 in the Append to End of Day option should probably be looked at.

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     4.1.50-TEST
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     ****
User:       ****
Date:        8/22/2014
Time:        5:30 PM

User Explanation:

**** said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Message:     'Could not register named object. Name cannot be an empty string.' Line number '1' and line position '447'.
Source:      PresentationFramework
Stack Trace: at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, ParserContext parserContext)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(XmlReader reader, ParserContext parserContext, XamlParseMode parseMode)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(Stream stream)
   at Samba.Presentation.Common.Reports.AbstractReport.<>c__DisplayClass8.<RefreshReport>b__4()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

Inner Exception 1
Type:        System.ArgumentException
Source:      System.Xaml
Stack Trace: at System.Xaml.NameScope.RegisterName(String name, Object scopedElement)
   at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.RegisterName(ObjectWriterContext ctx, String name, Object inst, XamlType xamlType, INameScope nameScope, INameScope parentNameScope, Boolean isRoot)

[Assembly Info]

Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.5.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.5.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.5.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = -300
--FreePhysicalMemory = 9224176
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 6.3.9600

1 Like

@Jesse Sorry To Disturb U Bro…
But I Have Read Your Thread Custom Reports Module: Deleting Custom Reports
i just wanna Ask You That How Can I Delete The Sales Report From Samba… Because i have installed software in PC and made testing entries from Samba… But now i want to delete the sales record… i did’nt find any option to delete the reports in the software… please tell me how can i delete the previous record…
I Asked this question in this post because i have read the post i mention above… but it was not possible to answer there… thats why i ask here ???

Do you mean clear the transactions table?
There is either the database tools module which has defult task of clear transactions or you can use an sql script that’s posted elsewhere on forum.

@JTRTech
Bro I Just Want To Clear The Reports Of sales???
I Mean I Have Made testing entries in samba pos 4… But Now My Boss Want To Delete
These Previous Reports … That Was I Asking How Can I Delete The Reports??? :frowning:

Hello @Ali,

Just to clarify you made some reports and now you want to delete the entire report? You don’t want to just clear the data you want to delete the entire thing?

Maybe you missed it when I said:

If all you want is to clear the sales and not delete the entire report then I am afraid you misunderstood this thread and @JTRTech is correct you just need to clear transaction data.

HEllo @Jesse
Bro I Just Want That No Previous sales will be shown in the sales reports???
can you please post the image from where i can delete the sales report???
i just want to delete the sales reports… not the entire thing buddy :smiley:

Suggests you looking to clear the sales records, you terminology is a little confusing.

Search for database tools module, that have a clear transactions script.
Or there is an sql script if your comfortable using sql management tools.

@JTRTech & @Jesse My Brothers I Want To Delete the record from here???
now can u both please tell me how can i delete the records :frowning:

Listen to what I’m saying mate :smile:
The report calls data from the sales/transactions table in the database.

To clear this table do what I said and look at database tools module. It’s a download in the samba market.

It will make samba ‘fresh’ without clearing your settings - rules etc.

There is a script for direct use in sql but from yours posts I imagine you would be better off with the tools module.

We have told you already. You have to clear transaction data. You cant just clear a report… This means it will clear all transactions. Next time if you want to run test transactions on a production system purchase the Database Tools Module and use Training Mode so it wont affect your live system.

1 Like

does he mean he wants to delete the actual report or the data in the report?

With him circling the report name ive read it as he wants to remove that particular report?

He is wanting to delete only the test transactions he ran. You cant delete specific transactions.

PS. it is possible if you know SQL and know what rows and which tables to clear… I will not explain how to do this because like I said you either know how or you dont its not something you should do if you dont.

He said he has tested with sales and need to delete the sales from what I’ve read.

From terminology and vaigeness database tools module if the only way I would suggest lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

But don’t forget not to setup/make rules etc in training mode as will be cleared when turned off LOL

(At least I have heard so, didn’t make that mistake myself hehe)

Thanks All
I Am uninstalling the samba and install it again :confused:

That won’t solve it! … Setting will still be in database!
Just listen to what’s been said!

what do you mean @JTRTech ???

The settings and data aren’t stored in samba itself, it’s in the database.
The samba software is an interface for the database.
Just use the database tools module to clear the transaction data and all your settings will remain but the test sales will be cleared.

It Means That After uninstalling the samba if i again install the samba in the same system then the reports will shown again :open_mouth: Hmm ???