[RESOLVED] Restore backup - Access denied

What message are you getting? I didnt say erase anything in the connection string just add Database=sambatest to it. Show me the error please.

LOL sorry I was afraid you mght do that. Let me explain better. Your connection string should look exactly like it did before but you add Database=sambatest to end of it. Example in sec…

Data Source=mancow2\SambaPOS; Database=DairyCreme;

Where mine says Database=DairyCreme you would put Database=sambatest rest of connection string should be for your system.

mancow2 would be your computername SambaPOS is the instance name. Looks like your instance is SambaPOS3

Yours should look something like:

Data Source=Shomi-PC\SAMBAPOS3; Database=sambatest

hallelujah!
that did the trick
I’ve got the backup file successfully restored with the data intact.

1 Like

Great glad we could help you.

so in the future when i add more terminals, i should just string to the database name ‘sambatest’ specifically. now that the database name is sambatest. if i don’t will there be a conflict of databases?
Also, would i be understanding it correctly if i’m thinking that the problem i had was due to conflict of databases based on their names?

Your correct on both. you can change the name btw just rename it in mssms then set string to new name and restart

1 Like