Restoring backup error

All my backups give the same error when I want to restore them " End of central directory record could not be found" All backups regardless of whether auto, manual or migrate, when tried from “Restore Database” or “Restore from Zip” I get the same error. Within the directory where backups are saved, I can see a BAK file created after attempted to restore.
Many thanks

Sounds like zip file error or corruption.

Check the log file located at %USERPROFILE%\Documents\SambaPOS5\log.txt and see if the full exception is logged. If so, post it here please.

I’m with @SlipperyFish thus far that it’s a corrupted archive. However, for all of them to be corrupted seems unlikely.

Can you extract the files manually using WinZip, WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.? If so, try and create a new zip file with the BAK file and see if you can restore it.

1 Like

I think you are likely experiencing folder permission issues. I would try and create a new folder in your (c:) directory and put your backup file in there and then in sambapos, change the back up location to your new folder and then try to restore.

Thanks for your help.
I did this and it worked. I am sorry I thought I thanked you but it looks like that it did not :slight_smile:
It still does same thing with regular backups tough.

1 Like

I havent tried this, I will look in to it, thanks for suggestion. I use Documents folder ( I think it is default location)