Samaba POS 4 server configuration

Thank you JTRTech. Problem solved!!

Thank you mehmet! Problem solved

Hi all

Again I’m struggling with this. Please help me with the correct Data String Connection.

okus-PC will be the server pc. And Okus2-Pc the second pc that needs to connect to the server. I did everything as per the guides available. Please see screen shot attached.

server

You don’t show the connection string your trying to use?
Also tutorials generally recommend mixed mode auth using SQL user and Windows and Windows auth is usually trickier to get right for allot of people.

Your SQL screenshot shows windows auth. make sure you enabled mix mode auth by logging in with sa and sambapos.
The connection string screenshot looks like server, is server connecting to DB ok?
You need to give more info to get good help…

I don’t see the instance name in the Data Source section. Should look like Data Source=okus-PC\INSTANCENAME so try Data Source=okus-PC\SAMBAPOS4 if that’s the instance but usually it’s not

2 Likes

Morning what info im not sure what to give you?

I did try this but its not working

Ok so what is your instance name? What error did you get?

Im not sure of this is possible but cant you connect with team viewer ?

Its giving me an connection string error. Im on my server pc.

There is no instance in this acreenshot

Im not sure what you mean by “instance”?

Your screenshot of connection properties pop-up, datasourse only have PC name, it needs to have the SQL instance name after the PC name

The SQL is the database that i created ?

What do you mean created? Install SQL Express then connect to it. Sambapos creates it’s own db

Data source should be OKUS-PC\SAMBAPOS4 according to the screenshot you shared. SAMBAPOS4 is the instance name, it can be seen from this screenshot in () after the service name: