Samba Caused pc to crash

Hey guys,
I have sambapos installed a wired windows machine and client called me telling me he had to force restart pc because it was completely frozen. Any ideas? Heres the log:

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version: 5.1.60
Region: en
DB: SQ
Machine: OPTIPLEX390-PC
User: Optiplex 390
Date: 7/5/2016
Time: 8:40 PM

User Explanation:

Optiplex 390 said “”

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Source: mscorlib
Stack Trace: at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception 1
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: Samba.Persistance
Stack Trace: at Samba.Persistance.Implementations.TicketConcurrencyValidator.GetErrorMessage(Ticket current, Ticket loaded)
at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.Validation.ValidatorRegistry.GetConcurrencyErrorMessage[T](T current, T loaded)
at Samba.Persistance.Data.CachedDao.CheckConcurrency[T](T entity)
at Samba.Persistance.Implementations.TicketDao.CheckConcurrency(Ticket ticket)
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Implementations.TicketModule.TicketService.CloseTicket(Ticket ticket)
at Samba.Modules.PosModule.PosViewModel.CloseTicket()
at Samba.Modules.PosModule.PosViewModel.OnTicketEvent(EventParameters1 obj) at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.InvokeAction(Action1 action, TPayload argument) at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventSubscription1.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.EventBase.InternalPublish(Object[] arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Events.CompositePresentationEvent`1.Publish(TPayload payload)
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.ExtensionMethods.Publish[TEventsubject](TEventsubject eventArgs, String eventTopic, Action expectedAction)

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.13.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.13.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
–CodeSet = 1252
–CSDVersion =
–CurrentTimeZone = -240
–FreePhysicalMemory = 2733036
–OSArchitecture = 64-bit
–OSLanguage = 1033
–ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
–ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
–Version = 10.0.10586

Machine
-OPTIPLEX390-PC
–Manufacturer = Dell Inc.
–Model = OptiPlex 390
–TotalPhysicalMemory = 4186898432
–UserName = Optiplex390-PC\Optiplex 390

######################### E N D #########################

Did this occur after a ticket was closed?

That happened during validation of ticket on ticket close. The reason of that error is not so clear as I details of how ticket close is called did not logged here. @Hasa I’ll be glad if you can help me reproduce that.

I don’t think that caused a freeze on PC. In fact it is really hard to write code that freezes entire PC even you intend to do that. Maybe just SambaPOS locked and he thought entire PC frozen. Or maybe there is some other reason of that. Finding the reason only from that error log is not possible. If possible tell us more about the issue. That may give an idea about the reason.

Haha OK I reproduced it on your latest backup. If you execute Clear All Tickets action while there is an open ticket on another terminal that happens when you close ticket.

It might not be a good idea to have this here.

1 Like

Aha okay that makes sense. Is there any way I can add another action where it logs every station out before it executes clear all tickets? @emre

No this function is not implemented as a part of daily work flow. It implemented to clear test tickets created during setup.

However next version won’t break because of that issue.

1 Like

Hey can you please fix issue where we need to press second sub order tag in order for it to apply primary order tag. Like If they get American Fries and they have options “American Fries.Beef Gravy” and “American Fries.Cheese” but they only want to get them normal plain they usually forget to press the ’ button I put on there and this is causing them alot of issues in kitchen. I think it would help out alot with sub order tag flow if we could simply press American Fries and after go on to choose Meat order tag group and american fries still submits.

@emre

I didn’t understand what issue I’ll fix. What error it generates on kitchen when you click on American Fries?

No its not actual error its just that when they dont press the second layer of order tag buttons it just doesnt show in kitchen so cooks wont see it at all since samba currently only applys order tag if you press a choice on sub order tags also. Its not a error to fix just would make sub order tags better if we could only press first layer order tag and not have to press anything else.

@emre

Didn’t you already requested something like that elsewhere? I remember I noted it in backlog but I don’t remember if it was you or someone else.

PS: We generally call bugs or crashes as an issue.

Yes, that was me thanks.