Samba closes when menu item is selected

We went live yesterday, but today the program closes when you select an menu item, then Windows pops up saying if they can search for a solution online.

All I changed yesterday was product specials, like free item on menu for specials and so forth so was creating Triggers Actions and rules.

But It was working yesterday when I closed.

Find this file, ZIP it, and attach it to your next reply here in the forum …

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\SambaPOS4\log.txt

log.zip (3.1 KB)

Ok so, deleted the “free gift” coffee action and rule @QMcKay showed me yesterday, and I deleted the rules for the Happy Hour that I couldn’t get working and now the program works again, unfortunately I wasted hours yesterday with those.

Thank you for your help.

In the future, instead of deleting Actions and Rules, simply remove the Mapping on the Rule(s). This effectively disables it from firing any of the Actions contained therein.

Later, you can add the Mapping back to the Rule to turn it back on and you won’t need to rebuild everything from scratch.

Selectively enabling Rule sets, you can narrow down the cause of the issue, and post screenshots of the related Actions and Rules so we can see if there is something wrong with them.

@QMcKay thank you will try that next time, but unfortunately, samba works again except the “Price List Editor” if I click on it Samba crashes and I have to start over, but no other button does this except Price List Editor does this?

And now I’m afraid I’m stuck.

May not be related but I once had a crash issue on a product when a price was entered in a bad format, think it may have been something like two decimal points by mistake (think that was in v3 though)
I may be wrong but can’t see a rule or action issue causing the price list editor to crash so don’t think it would be related to you previous issues discussed on this post.
I think my issue cause a crash when I opened that product in product list and just deleted it and re entered it if I remember right.
May be completely off on that but might help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you seeing any error dialog when it crashes? If so, please show the error, and if there is a Details tab on the dialog, copy/paste the error text here.

This is the windows crash report.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: Samba.Presentation.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5484da6c
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
Problem Signature 06: 534894cc
Problem Signature 07: 250
Problem Signature 08: 18
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 7177
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Typically if you get crash errors its almost 99% of the time something configured wrong. Biggest mistake people make is they try to edit the default actions and rules etc when they should be creating new ones with separate work flow.

But we cant really help unless we know what error your getting. Once we see that error then we can help decipher it.

EDIT: Not the windows crash report… is there a Samba Crash report with Detailed Report tab?

Can you show a screenshot of your Price List? Or does it close down imediately?

log.zip (4.3 KB)

it closes immediately so not report from that action

Can you pm a copy of your database to me? The log file shows an error with account documents but I dont think that has to do with your crash. Something is configured wrong or you deleted something its looking for.

the .bak file (30mb)? or how do you mean?

Back it up then delete all transactions and run another backup send me the one without transactions. Then just reload yours that has the transactions.

by “delete all transactions” you mean I must use the “clear database” in the Database tools option?

Yes but run a backup first so you dont lose them. The goal is you send me the copy with no transactions it will be smaller. THen you reload your backup that had the transactions.

So backup, run that tool, backup again, send me the new backup then reload your first backup.

EDIT: I dont request backups unless I feel we need to prod too much info out of you. This seems like something that it will be faster for me to just look at your db.

first time for a PM for me, did you get it?

I got it and I think I figured it out. I think it has to do with the item Cordials. I am trying to be sure.

EDIT: Ok it was the item Cordials and apparently it got corrupted. Deleting the item from Samba was not enough I had to delete the row in the table of the database manually.

Do you have MSSMS?

The technical answer, the item deleted fine from Samba but the Price list for that item would not delete it was flagged wrongly as HH and for some reason the price definition would not delete from the database when the item was removed from Samba. Once I deleted the MenuItemPrice for that item out of the database the Price Editor started working.

So here is what you need to do:

1. Remove Cordials from your menu

2. Delete the Cordials Product

3. Run this script in MSSMS after selecting the table dbo.MenuItemPrices

DELETE FROM MenuItemPrices
    WHERE (Id = 518)

So to run the script you open your database in MSSMS go to the table dbo.MenuItemPrices left click it then at top of MSSMS choose New Query just paste that script in and press f5.

When finished you need to remake the product Cordials.

yes i do, not an expert