Samba crashes when trying to settle open tickets

Yes, that is what I am saying. Renaming an Entity (or Entity Type) is allowed - it should have no effect. Perhaps the fact that the Entity Name is . . . it is throwing things off.

@Jesse, are you looking in the [TicketEntities] table for this Ticket?

I changed it back and its still crashing so its not that. The fact that the Change Entity button is not showing makes me think its something to do with the Entity Type.

Yes I am lookiing at all the tables involving this ticket trying to piece it together.

The Entity ID is 5… that Entity was ... but the ticket it says Lost Hermanos… so it was previously Lost Hermanos at one point… I changed it back and had no effect.

EDIT: Maybe I am looking at wrong thing. Will look a little deeper at accounts etc.

Look at the Ticket Type as well. I am not certain from the error Report that this has anything to do with Entities.

1 Like

You know what… thats it… the Ticket Type id was 1. He only has a ticket type with id of 2 I am not sure how that got changed with a ticket assigned.

Apparently right after this ticket was made you switched ticket types somehow. This was last ticket with Ticket Type id of 1

How in the world did it let him delete the ticket type.

I am not sure how to fix that other than editing the database. It definitely had Ticket Type ID of 1 and that changed to 2 so somehow the TicketType changed or got deleted that used to be 1.

Hmm…maybe this is what happened:
The original Ticket Type ID 1 was named “Ticket”.
Then I created Ticket Type ID 2, and named it “Ticket 2”.
Then I deleted Ticket Type ID1, but I renamed the “Ticket 2” to “Ticket”.

Does that make sense?

Did you delete it manually from the db?

Strange that it would let him delete a Ticket Type that was in use.

To fix it just run an update like:

UPDATE [Tickets] SET [TicketTypeId]=2 WHERE [TicketTypeId]=1
1 Like

I manually deleted something. This is my blunder. I’ll just start over another database. I’ll also use the SQL Express this time to see if it reduces the lag time in Samba.

That fixed it. So now I am curious how it let you change that?

DO NOT delete anything manually that will wreck your system. You do not have to start over… just convert it to SQL like I showed you in the tutorial and then run that update q just listed… it works.

I will pm you your DB script just install SQL Express 2014 and create a blank database and then run this script in it.

It will definitely reduce the lag. SQL CE is very slow compared to SQL EXPRESS, especially if the tables are getting large.

Yes, I am curious too. Throughout Samba, I can’t even delete a product without un-linking it from a menu first. Everything is connected to each other so I would often have to trace to the source before I can modify or delete something.

This is how databases work and its designed this way so you dont corrupt and mess up your system. You shouldnt need to manipulate stuff like that… Next time just ask in the community we can help you fix whatever your trying to do. But please dont edit db manually.

1 Like

I wanted to see if I could delete customer entities. I guess it won’t let me.

You can if they are not assigned to any tickets. If assigned you cant. Why did you want to delete them?

PS. I sent the PM with your converted Database Script.

If a customer makes an order over the phone, then I create a ticket, save it to a new customer, and then open it back up when the customer pays for it. I want to delete that customer to keep the database clean.

Thank you @Kendash I will implement the recommended changes.

What if that customer calls again at later time to make another order?

Really no such thing :stuck_out_tongue: You mean you wanted your Manage > Entities to be clean?

If you want to use a system that lets you track customers without using Customer Entities then use Ticket Tags and type Customers Name in it. Or just use a Ticket Note.

1 Like

Thank you. I will experiment with those as well.

BTW With SQL Express you shouldn’t worry about getting too many Entities etc. It will not affect performance. IT is much easier and smoother to just use Customer Entities that way if your customers come back you dont have to keep making new customers. You just select that customer.

1 Like

Not at pc so can’t try but you can’t delete if in use but can you rename?
If so could it be the adding 1, as in;
New - Ticket 2
Ticket -> Ticket 1
Ticket 2 -> Ticket
Delete - Ticket 1
Does that make sense or is it it erelivent cause of ticket type id?
Could something there be verifying against name rather than ID?