Samba crashes when trying to settle open tickets

No what he did was alter the database directly outside of SambaPOS which is what caused his issue. SambaPOS does not allow this because it causes the very thing that happened… it can crash and be unstable.

The Ticket TYPE ID we were referring too the 1 and 2 was the Table Structure the ID it assigned to that table for Ticket Type. Its a relational thing so other parts of the database can link with that ticket type.

Basically he made a new Ticket Type and then manually deleted the original Ticket Type from the database… This allowed him to rename the new one the same as the original. However all the tickets made under the original one were now corrupt because they were still looking for Ticket Type ID 1.

Got ya :smile:
What tool would you use to edit a CE database?
Tried to find one when I had an issue early on in v3 but struggled.
Although I think something had corrupted the database which may have been why things I found wouldn’t open.
Think they were turning the till off at plug rather than closing and shutting down!!! Not best practice lol

I didnt edit his CE database I converted it to SQL and then looked at it. I refuse to even look at the inferior CE databases just call me a DB Snob.

If your wondering its very simple to convert a CE database. The software and the steps used to do it are included in the tutorial I linked several posts above.

Lol thats not good for any computer. Surefire way to corrupt or lose data.

PS. HINT HINT that same tool that I used to convert it… is also the tool to view it.

http://sqlcetoolbox.codeplex.com/releases/view/104096

This was over 6 months ago.
Ended up rebuilding the config but was fairly basic so not too bigger issue, took about 3hrs including reading all products lol.
That was early days before better understanding, even that the CE database was a file in my docs lol.
started making copies of the CE file straight after that lol

That’s the one I found but wouldn’t open it, must have defiantly been corrupted.