Samba V5 license activation

Recently purchased samba v5 license with mobile client and Metrik licenses. Activated v5 license in Samba software and it’s shows Licensed To……
Setup mobile client as per the setup it’s often shows disconnected.
When login to Samba CP v5 and mobile client licenses shows is not activated and Metrik shows yes.
Not sure my license is activated or not. If it is why mobile client shows disconnect.
Please advise

When it shows “disconnected” does it still work? I have noticed quite a few times on the latest release of mobile client I have setup for recent customers that it shows disconnected but still works fine. It may be a bug in displaying “disconnected” when it’s actually connected, maybe not updating the status.

Again I think this can generally be ignored - I don’t think this reflects the actual state because looking over customers in CP account, some show Yes and No for activated but they all work fine.

These issues will hopefully be addressed by the SambaPOS team, however while they are misleading they are not affecting the usage of the software.

I think the latest version may have solved this. Let me know if it hasn’t.

I am using the latest version 5.6.2. mobile client not working properly. showing loading symbol oftenly and table status not getting update immediately after taking the order.
Tried restarting messageserver also not works.

This does sound more like a wifi issue. You need to make sure you have a strong and reliable wifi signal across your whole venue.

Thank you. not sure it’s due to WIFI. Seems its a device issue. when using Andriod OS (
realme Pad WiFi+4G Tablet | 4GB RAM 64GB ROM
]) not working properly. when i try with my iphone 12 its Ok. Can recommend best Andriod Tab to use?

It is not about the android tablet to use (but the specs of the one you mentioned look fine), it is about the wifi coverage across your venue. It can be misleading sometimes if you test iphone or other device that also has a mobile data signal as most modern phones will automatically (silently in the background) use mobile data if your wifi is not stable and won’t tell you when it does this.

Most situations with slow response on mobile client is down to either poor overall wifi coverage of your venue (most common), or too low spec of the server computer.

Anyway I am just telling you my experience from setting up over 50 of these in different restaurants…

Understand. It’s small space and using the tablet with in 3 to 5 meters from wifi router.
The server computer is I5 processor 4GB RAM with 128 SSD.
What else could be the reason?
Let me check my internet speed too.

Could probably do with more ram, 4gb isnt much nowdays for windows alone.
Is server also a till terminal?

4gig is barebones min for a server also serving message server. Sql server will eat that ram up in no time. I would recommend 8 as min. Put in 16 or 32 if you can.

Internet speed won’t make a difference. Communication between SambaPOS and the tablets is via WiFi on your local network only. Even your internet goes down, SambaPOS and mobile client will still work.

Thanks for the suggestions. Let increase my server configuration